Monday, July 31, 2017

Books I can't wait to get my hands on ;) august edition

Hello my awesome people :) and no, I won't say yet again how fast this past month has gone by... see? I can still surprise you after all this time ;) ok, I am in a very good mood today... as in saturday when I am originally writing this post, because it's actually my birthday today :) so I am catching up on some blog stuff, because I've been super busy lately, and although I read quite a lot, mostly on the commute to and from work, I don't really have the time to write reviews... so I am doing just that today and then later on I have a reward waiting for me... an ARC of one of the books I'm gonna be talking about today... :) and speaking of books, I have three of them to talk about, so let's just get right on it :)


First, we have "Beard in mind" by Penny Reid, her newest addition in Winston brothers series... *sighs dreamily* this is the book I was talking about a moment ago... I was lucky enough to get an ARC of it, but worry not, it comes out very soon... and you guys... it's been killing me that I didn't have the time to read and truly appreciate it... like I mentioned, I was super busy lately with work and stuff, and I want to take my time with it... so I've been waiting the whole week and now I am dangling it in front of me as a reward to motivate me to catch up on posts / reviews... and then it's gonna be like an additional gift on this special day :) the previous book in this series "Beard science" was my favourite book of last year, so this sequel was one of my most highly anticipated books of this year... they can all be read as standalones, but I recommend to read them in order... mainly because they are all awesome and this way you can really see the change in certain interactions and relationships... if I will be able to read, and hopefully finish this book, I will add my super quick review here ;) ok, so I inhaled it and absolutely loved it... couldn't concentrate on anything else until I wrote my review, so if you want to know more, you can find it on my Goodreads account here -> READ ME <- :)


Another book I want to mention is actually another ARC :) "Chasing a legend" by Sarah Robinson is her new addition to Kavanagh legends series :) but again, even though it's a sequel, it can be read as a standalone as well :) and if we're being honest... I actually already read it :) and even though I am a huge fan of her writing style, and this series in particular, I wasn't the biggest fan of Kiera, the main heroine... don't get me wrong, I still enjoyed the story, and Quinn was just amazing, but it wasn't my favourite installment in it :) but I still recommend it for you guys to check out :)


Last but not least, I want to talk about "Wonder Woman: warbringer" by Leigh Bardugo, which is the first installment in the new series DC Icons, that will consist of books about different characters from comic books, each of them written by someone else :) and since "Wonder Woman" was one of the best movies I've seen this year... and just in general... ;) and I enjoy Leigh's writing style, even though between me and you I only read the first Grisha book so far ;) but shhhh... ;) I am very curious to see what she will do with this character :) not to mention that I just think this whole idea is really cool :)

XOXO

A

No comments:

Post a Comment