Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Review: "Stay" by Sarina Bowen and Elle Kennedy


Title: "Stay"
Book 2 in series WAGs
Main characters: Matthew "Matt" Eriksson and Hailey Taylor Emery

I got an ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review :) and I had so much fun reading this story :) I mean, I knew it would be great, because this lovely duo of authors always create magic together ;) but it was even better than I anticipated :) it's the sequel in a spin-off series, but it works as a standalone as well... :) I feel like I need to explain that sentence a bit more to those of you who have no idea what I'm talking about :) so, in the beginning we had Him duology, two books telling a story about Wes and Jamie :) next we had "Good boy", the first book in WAGs series, a spin-off from that duology, where each book is gonna concentrate on another Wes's teammate :) and now here we are, with the sequel in this series :) and trust me, it's definitely not the end... but more about it in a moment :) I highly recommend you to read all those books in order, not because you have to, but because they are absolutely amazing :) and it will definitely help with understanding certain interactions and relationships better :) but you can start here as well, and you will get all the necessary informations to enjoy this story :) now that this little explanation is out of the way, let me tell you a bit more about our main couple ;)

I have to start with Matt... *sighs dreamily* I swear you guys, I still have no idea what is it with me and hockey players... I still haven't watched a game, live or on television, nor do I understand the rules, and yet hockey players are my favourite athletes to read about... same with rugby players :) my love is not logical, but I have #NoRegrets :) so since Matt is a hockey player, he already was dreamy... ;) but he is soooo much more than just that :) I loved how sweet and charming he was, how much he loved his twin daughters... and I really appreciated to see his more vulnerable side, how he struggled after the divorce.... and of course let's not forget about the swoonworthy aspect of his personality... *sighs dreamily* I need a Matt Eriksson all for myself after reading this book :) but he was not the only fantastic character in this story... oh no... :) Hailey was absolutely phenomenal :) she is the co-owner of Fetch, a business where they take care of things instead of you... like finding and delivering flowers at a very precise time in the morning... ;) so on the one hand, she is this very smart and capable businesswoman... but she also struggles after her divorce... she is also a huge hockey fan, so when she starts to figure out that one of her clients is none other than her hockey crush... well... it starts to get inetersting... ;) one thing I loved most about her, is how witty and hilarious and flirty she was with their messages, but on the other hand, how awkward and rambling-ish and just clumsy she became when meeting him face to face :) I could relate to that soooo much... :) at least at the beginning... later she got more used to Matt in all his glory... ;) their relationship is just so stinking adorable and cute that I can't even... *sighs happily* I had the biggest smile on my face while I was reading this book :) yes, there were a few moments when I wanted to smack certain people, but still... ;)

Not only our main couple was absolutely amazing, the secondary characters were phenomenal as well :) we got to see our previous couples a little bit, as well as a few other teammates... I see a lot of potential for future stories... just saying ;) not to mention that I have a feeling who will be the hero and heroine of the next book... there is one particular scene in the book, don't worry, I won't say anything else, so no spoilers from me ;) that makes me think that if it won't be book #3 then it will definitely happen soon after :) I have to say that I enjoyed so many people, but I have to name just a few :) Blake, the hero of first book in this spin-off series it still my ray of sunshine, and his inappropriate jokes and unexpected things he says always brighten my day :) I love him :) when it comes to new characters, Jenny, Hailey's friend, was immediately a favourite :) with her encouragements and making up words that perfectly summs up certain situations, she was such a blast :) I'm kind of hoping that maybe she will be a main character at some point in the future... I would certainly love to read more about her :)

This absolutely awesome book was written in 2 POVs, which means we got chapters from Matt's point of view, as well as Hailey's :) it's definitely my favourite writing style, especially when it is done as great as in this book ;) not to mention that I adore these ladies individually :) but when they work together... watch out world, magic happens :) I already can't wait to see what's gonna happen next :) and even though I have my own thoughts about characters I would want to read about next, let's not kid ourselves... I will read whatever they create and love it :) I would inhale this story in one sitting, if I didn't have to do stupid things like go to work or sleep... ;) ugh... adulting sucks ;) so I strongly recommend you guys to find a free afternoon to really appreciate the awesomeness of this hilarious book :) I laughed out loud so many times, that I stopped counting :) the messages they were exchanging were fantastic... :) but it's filled not only with funny and sexy moments... there are so many sweet ones as well... emotional scenes that will unexpectedly grip our heart and make you tear up... *sighs happily* I loved everything about this book, so be sure to grab it ASAP :)

XOXO

A

No comments:

Post a Comment