Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Review: "Esteemed vampire cat" by Tyrolin Puxty


Author: Tyrolin Puxty
Book 1 in series Colt Harper
Main character: Colt Harper

I got an ARC of this book from the publisher in exchange for an honest review :) the first thing I have to say about this story is that it was absolutely ridiculous, in the best possible way... ;) fast paced, hilarious and full of awesomeness... :) it was my very first read by this author, but I will certainly check out her other work, after falling in love with her freakingly entertaining writing style... :) this wasn't a super long read, so I will keep my review on the shorter side as well, so I won't spoil you anything... because trust me, the less you know, the better... :) but don't worry, I will tell you some stuff ;)

I figured we will start with me telling you a bit more about the main character, and a few other important... well... I can't really call them people, so let's go with the word "characters" again ;) and then I will share my thoughts and feelings about this amazing gem :) so our main guy is Colt... and Colt is a vampire cat :) yep, you read it correctly... after all, it's in the title as well :) he is the last one of his kind, and long story short, he kills people who are mean to cats, or worse... :) he's obnoxious, sarcastic, rude, complains all the time and hates people... I freaking loved him from the start :) but he's not the only one I adored in this story... :) I want to mention three more... :) first, there's Jax, a werewolf who gets easily scared and is such a sweetheart, fighting his monster nature and trying to be good... and let's not forget about Leshi... she is a tickle monster... yep, she is addicted to tickling people to death... AND she has troubles with finding words, so she describes them in the most hilarious and unexpected way... for example, when she says "christmas llama" she means "reindeer" :) and there's much more where this little gem came from ;) and of course the human in their midst, Saffy... she is the owner of the theatre, where our group is send to do community service :) because when monsters break rules, they are usually sentenced to do some sort of community service, before being eternally damned :) and that's pretty much all I can say about this book :) so how about we jump into my thoughts and feelings, so I can convince you all to read this story :)

I had such a blast reading this gem :) I fell in love with the writing style from the very first chapter I read, and then it got only better :) this is a fast paced, action filled story, with so many surprising turns of events along the way... and of course the sarcastic humor... oh, it is one of my greatest weknesses when it comes to books :) and this one was filled with it... witty banter and hilarious remarks were on every page and trust me... I was laughing so hard throughout it all, that I definitely caught some attention, when I was reading it on my way to work ;) #TrueStory :) I inhaled it in record time, and before I knew what was going on, the book ended... so now I am very eagerly awaiting the sequel... and there will be one, because we got a little glimpse about it at the very end :) the whole book is written from Cole's perspective, and I couldn't be more happy about it, because like I mentioned, I absolutely adored that grump ;) I highly recommend you guys to read this absolutely entertaining gem :) it will make you laugh out loud and gasp in shock and surprise... it will definitely brighten your day so give it a try... that way. we can talk together about all the paranormal shenanigans ;)

XOXO

A

No comments:

Post a Comment