Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Release blitz + Review: "Sex in the sticks" by Sawyer Bennett


Book 1 in series Love hurts
Main characters: Logan Burke and Valentine "Val" French

Synopsis

Wake up and feel the wood! In the first of a series of irresistible standalone romances from New York Times bestselling author Sawyer Bennett, a city girl rediscovers love and lust in the Alaskan wilderness.

Valentine French may be the sassiest dating columnist in New York City, but the abundance of metrosexuals in her adopted metropolis is seriously cramping her style. Where are the beefy all-American boys? Hoping to find some inspiration, Val heads to Alaska, where the men outnumber the women fifteen to one and wrestle grizzly bears for sport. Or so she can only imagine. Suddenly the most eligible bachelorette in a town full of horny lumberjacks, Val is writing her best columns ever. But if she doesn’t get her nose out of her laptop, she just might miss out on Mr. Right.

Logan Burke is the sheriff of the little podunk town that Val finds so charmingly backward. He’s not that different from the guys she’s using for her little experiment; it’s just that one date would never be enough for Logan. As he listens to Val complain about love over beers in the local tavern, he realizes that she can’t see the forest for the trees. Because if she would ever give up her Prada bags and fourteen-dollar martinis, Logan would give her the only luxury that matters: his heart.

I got an ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review :) this is the first book in Sawyer's new series, but from what I know as of this moment, those books will not really be connected to one another... at least that's what I think after reading the synopsis for the sequel :) but will have more informations for you guys once I actually read that second story :) for now let us concentrate on this one :) because fear not, the whole situation with our main couple is resolved and there is no cliffhangers of any sort :) so how about I will tell you a bit more about Valentine and Logan, and then about my overall thoughts and feelings about this book :)

Valentine is actually the first heroine in a really long time who is exactly my age :) at least as of this moment :) one more thing we also have in common, is that we both have blogs... although the themes are very different :) because when I have a book-ish blog, she... well, she concentrates more on dating and sex ;) but when it comes to personalities... yeah... I have to say that all of our differences made it that much harder for me to connect with her... because Valentine is rich... like super rich... she comes from a wealthy family, but her blog is also pretty popular ;) and when we meet her at the beginning of the story, she's bored... bored of dating the same type of men... bored of her life... just bored all together... and if you think that she sounds a bit spoiled and whiny... well... you are partially right :) she definitely IS spoiled, and it definitely DID bothered me, but she is also sassy and sarcastic and you know how much I adore those types of people ;) so when her friend suggests a change of scenery, Valentine is all for that... she packs her bags and heads from New York to Alaska... :) you can imagine how well that can go... :) and how much of a shock it is to both Valentine, and the residents of the town she stays in :) as much as I did have my problems with her, when it came to Logan *swoons and sighs dreamily* oh he was absolutely fantastic... :) and such a mix of different personality traits... the best I can describe him is dirty talking gentleman... :) I loved how chivalrous he was... and how sexy and downright sinful he could become in a matter of seconds... :) yeah... Logan was definitely my favourite part of this story :) he is also the sheriff of the town where Valentine is staying... :) now that you have some basic informations, let me tell jump to telling you all about my thoughts and feelings :)

I gave this book 4 stars... don't get me wrong, even though I did have some troubles with it, it was a very entertaining read :) written in 2 POVs, which means that we got chapters from both Valentine and Logan perspectives, and I inhaled it pretty quickly... :) I laughed a lot and definitely enjoyed all the shenanigans :) all my problems with this particular installment can be traced back to Valentine and her decisions / actions... I just couldn't understand / relate to that woman... that's why when it came to the usual drama-at-the-end-of-the-book part, I was like "what else did you expect woman?" :) no worries, fortunately for me, and for you guys ;) everything is resolved in a very sweet way :) and as always when it comes to Sawyer's writing, even when I'm not necessarily in love with certain aspects of the story or characters she created, she always delivers on the entertaining front :) making me laugh and enjoy her books every time :) so even though this particular one will not become my favourite of hers, I'm sure that the majority of you guys will absolutely love it :) so I highly recommend you to give it a try :)










About the author:


Since the release of her debut contemporary romance novel, Off Sides, in January 2013, Sawyer Bennett has released more than 30 books and has been featured on both the USA Today and New York Times bestseller lists on multiple occasions.

A reformed trial lawyer from North Carolina, Sawyer uses real life experience to create relatable, sexy stories that appeal to a wide array of readers. From new adult to erotic contemporary romance, Sawyer writes something for just about everyone.

Sawyer likes her Bloody Marys strong, her martinis dirty, and her heroes a combination of the two. When not bringing fictional romance to life, Sawyer is a chauffeur, stylist, chef, maid, and personal assistant to a very active toddler, as well as full-time servant to two adorably naughty dogs. She believes in the good of others, and that a bad day can be cured with a great work-out, cake, or a combination of the two.

Find her online: Website | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

XOXO

A

No comments:

Post a Comment