Monday, May 1, 2017

Random ramblings of a bookworm ;) #62

Book buying spree
Best book-ish news ever
And
What is it with me and THAT movie

Well hello there my awesome people :) I welcome you with joy on this amazing monday... why am I in such a fantastic mood today? :) because it's national holiday in my country, which means I have an additional day off from work :) what's not to love? ;) plus, I am still full of positive energy after my weekend... what awesome things put me in that mood? it's connected to that first part of the headlines, so how about we jump right in... ;)

After the last few weeks... and by weeks I mean pretty much the last few months... as in since the beginning of the year basically... ;) my internal batteries were usually on very low levels... so this past weekend I finally said enough and decided to give myself a totally off day :) as in: no work, nothing productive, no blog... just relaxing in general :) and damn... have I needed a day like that... ;) cause let me tell you... it has done miracles for me :) I watched some movies, read some books... no pressure, no looking at the time and worrying how much stuff I need to do... *sighs happily* it was fantastic... although my great mood may be connected to the fact that I've bought *coughs* seventeen *coughs* books... ;) yep, you read that right... seventeen... but in my defense I haven't read twelve of them... I don't know why I used it as an excuse... ;) maybe I just wanted to share my joy with you guys, that I will have additional twelve books on my shelves that I will have the pleasure of reading for the very first time, actually holding a physical copy in my hands :) if you remember from my previous posts that I actually have a monthly book budget, you might wonder "how in the hell she was able to buy all those books?" and the answer is: I spent much more money ;) BUT it's connected to the upcoming warmer season :) long story short, and not going into too many details, my job involves working saturdays when the weather is getting warmer :) we take part in all sorts of outdorsy events and each of those working saturdays includes making some extra money :) and since I am working this week, I decided to spent all the money I will make in advance :) usually I would wait till they get into my account, but since it takes a few weeks for the books to arrive to me from abroad... because I am buying the original and NOT translated editions available in my country... and since I am going away in june on vacation, I needed to make sure that ALL of the books will get to me before I go away :) so I'm sure NOW you understand why I am so happy ;)

The second thing I want to tell you guys about today is one of the best book-ish news I heard recently... :) there is going to be more books in one of my all time favourite series :) Shatter me by Tahereh Mafi :) it was recently announced that starting next year, we will get not one, not two, but whole THREE books :) AND if that wasn't enough, they will be written in dual POVs :) *sighs dreamily* I'm not gonna say anything more about it, but will leave you the link to the original article -> here <- but fair warning, if you haven't read the books yet, it will spoil you some pretty important stuff :)

Last but not least, I want to share my love for "Mad Max fury road" :) why now? because I saw it on saturday... remember my super awesome off day from the beginning of this post? :) yeah... I have no logical explanation why I adore it sooo much... yes, I could say that it's stunning visually, how the music is amazing and fits perfectly into the story... I could probably tell you a couple more things, but to be honest... I have no idea why this movie speaks to me so much... before I saw it for the first time I would never expect that it would move me the way it did... to this day I am shocked by how much I fell in love with it... so when I watched it recently yet again, I decided to share it with you guys... if you haven't seen it before, be sure to check it out, even if you are not familiar with the original trilogy... I have the trailer for you below... chills every time... ;)


Ok, that is a wrap people :) I hope you enjoyed my post today :) as always, I love connecting with you guys, so be sure to leave a comment here, on my Facebook page or Goodreads account, I check those every day :)

XOXO

A

No comments:

Post a Comment