Sunday, April 23, 2017

Release blitz + Review: "Ghost in his eyes" by Carrie Aarons


Author: Carrie Aarons
Standalone
Main characters: Carson Cole and Blake Sayer

Synopsis

He was as magnetic as a deadly hurricane to the shore.

Carson Cole was my first love. The boy I'd shared my whole self with.

He was the man who'd taken the other part of my soul and drowned it in the sea we'd grown up in.

And now he's back. Ten years later, and the demons of our past are still haunting every breath trapped between us.

She was as wild as the horses who owned the beach highways we drove down.

Blake Sayer was the beautiful daredevil who had me wrapped around her finger from the time we were seven.

Until a horrible accident stole every piece of joy from her life.

Ten years later, she's a shell of the girl she once was, and it's all my fault. The whispers of our history shackle her to the island I left behind.

Just like lost years and unspoken words, love had slipped from our fingers like grains of sand. We’d barely made it out alive last time, was it even possible to reconstruct the shattered pieces of us?

I got an ARC of this book from the author in exchange for an honest review :) I initially gave this story 4 stars... but after thinking about it for a few days, I'm changing it for 4,5 stars instead :) although if we're being totally honest, I'm still not sure what to think about it... this book *sighs* this book gave me so many feels... and it's very hard to rate such an experience... but as always, I will do my best to tell you all about my thoughts and feelings and help you make your own decision about reading this book... although I highly recommend you to give it a try :)

Carson and Blake... it's... they are just... *sighs* there are sooo many things I can't tell you... or to be more precise, I refuse to tell you, because I don't want to share spoilery things and ruin your experience of reading it for the first time... so what I can tell is that they were actually childhood sweethearts :) they've been friends first for a very long time, and then it grew into something soooo much more :) until something horrible happened that tore them apart for ten years... we learn pretty early in the book what was that, but since it's not in the synopsis I won't spoil that for you... it was a tragedy, and they both reacted in a way I can understand... there's not much more I actually want to tell you about them, because this is definitely one of those stories when the less you know the better :) but what I can share is that I really liked Carson :) maybe because he was a bit more "put together" when he finally came back to their hometown... because when it comes to Blake... yeah, it took me a while to connect with her... I mean, don't get me wrong, I absolutely understand why she practically became a hermit and why she was so closed off from everyone and everything... it broke my heart... that's why I really appreciate the change in her that we could see throughout the story :)

This book was nothing like I expected it to be... seriously... in the best way possible :) let me explain... I was afraid that it will be filled with angst and drama and all that... which would be totally understandable now that I know the whole story... and yes, it had that, but only a little bit... I was actually surprised by how quickly they were able to overcome certain pretty big obstacles... it was almost like him coming back was a catalyst she needed to confront everything she kept bottled up inside her... all the emotions and guilt... *sighs* and most important thing... all of that was written soooo beautifully... *sighs dreamily* depends on the characters and stories I enjoy Carrie's books a little bit more or less... after all, we have our personal preferences as readers and it's only natural that certain plots will be closer to my heart... but every time her writing style is the most wonderful part of her books... :) it's honest and raw to the point of being painful at times... and it always hits my in all the feels... you can tell how much of herself she puts in those stories... this one is once again written in 2 POVs, which means we get chapters from Blake's perspective as well as from Carson's and they both are done so well... the best compliment I can give this book, is that days later it was still on my mind... the emotional journey that this couple went through, the depth of the feelings they had for each other... I highly recommend you guys to give this book and this author in general a try, if you haven't already :)








About the author:

Author of romance novels such as Red Card and the Captive Heart Duet, Carrie Aarons writes sexy, swoony and sarcastic characters who won't get out of her head until she puts them down on a page.

Carrie has wanted to be an author since the first time she opened a book. She loves spinning tales that include dapper men, women with attitude, and the occasional hunky athlete.

When she isn't in what her husband calls a "writing coma", Carrie is freeing up her jam-packed DVR, starting her latest DIY project, or planning her next travel adventure. She lives in New Jersey with her husband, who is more than happy to watch sports while his wife plots love stories.

Find her online: Website | Facebook | Twitter

XOXO

A

No comments:

Post a Comment