Sunday, March 5, 2017

Release blitz + Review: "All the frogs in Manhattan" by Carrie Aarons


Author: Carrie Aarons
Standalone
Main characters: Oliver Anders and Gemma Morgan

Synopsis

You know how Cinderella had the whole glass slipper, pumpkin carriage, fairy godmother thing?

Yeah…with foot-destroying stilettos, Uber, and a Twitter horoscope, my life is far from a happily ever after. 

In fact, instead of Prince Charming, I end up dating every slimy, scaly, brainless frog in the kingdom of Manhattan. And by frog, I mean all of the stereotypical bad guys that Mom and Lifetime movies warned you about.

The meathead player.
The mommy's boy.
The namedropper.
The cheapskate.

If they suck at relationships, I’ve probably kissed those cold, clammy lips in the hopes of finding love. Until one day, when one man with commitment issues offers to help me find the Romeo to my Juliet.

But what happens when the frog, who was never supposed to turn into a prince, kisses you at midnight? Ok fine, he propositioned me for some afternoon delight after brunch, but not everything can be straight out of a fairytale.

I got an ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review :) I was a bit apprehensive before reading this one... don't get me wrong, I thoroughly enjoyed it, but the thing is... I wasn't the biggest fan of her previous story, but I AM a huge fan of her writing style, so I had some mixed feelings going into this book... but man oh man... I loved it soooo much :) this one definitely clicked for me :) it's a standalone contemporary romance set in New York, as you can probably guessed from the title ;) but it will definitely be hard to achieve that fragile balance of telling you just enough to make you curious and convince you to read this book, without giving away too much and avoiding all spoilers ;) because trust me, it's one of those storis when the less you know going into it, the better for your reading experiance... :) but I will do my best :)

So let me start with our main couple... oh how I adored them :) Gemma is a beauty editor in one of those chic fashion magazines :) she's in her twenties, looking for love... ;) and not finding it... ;) but she doesn't lose hope ;) she may sound like a romantic to you, but trust me... she has the most amazing sassy / sarcastic side that I adored soooo much :) she's actually full of contradictions, and I can really relate to her... I mean, who says that we have to be just one type of person... :) the more I read about her, the more I loved her... flaws and mistakes and all... :) Oliver on the other hand... he's the owner of a very successful tech company and a self made millionaire... he can be awkward but he's also confident and very honest... sometimes brutally so, but I take that over keeping secrets and being deceitful every day... ;) theirs is definitely NOT your usual romance... again, I don't want to tell you guys too much about it, because I truly believe that too many details would ruin your experience, so let's just say that they start as friends with benefits sort of thing... while she still tries to find love :) because he's not interested in a relationship at all... being too busy with work... but at least he's honest about it :) so they have an understanding... where does it go from there and how exactly things change... I won't tell you, but I absolutely loved it :)

This story was written in 2 POVs, which means we got chapters from Gemma's perspective, as well as Oliver's... and you may know by now that it's my favourite type of writing style... ;) but the biggest compliment I can give about this book is how honest it felt... the characters, the story... it was flawed... not in an annoying, but in a real way, that made you feel that much closer to the people you were reading about... *sighs happily* :) it was hilarious and sweet, but also vulnerable, awkward and sometimes brutally honest... and I can't remember the last time I connected so much with the characters I read about... Gemma in particular... and the more I think about it, the more I'm falling in love with her and her story all over again... to be honest... I think I may have my new favourite Carrie Aarons's book... so I definitely highly recommend you guys one-click this amazing story :) yes, it may be hard to read at times, because people don't always want to read such honest words... not all of us like to see ourselves on the pages of a book, but for me... the fact that I could connect sooo much to Gemma and her journey, made the experience of reading this book that much better :)







About the author:

Author of romance novels such as Red Card and the Captive Heart Duet, Carrie Aarons writes sexy, swoony and sarcastic characters who won't get out of her head until she puts them down on a page.

Carrie has wanted to be an author since the first time she opened a book. She loves spinning tales that include dapper men, women with attitude, and the occasional hunky athlete.

When she isn't in what her husband calls a "writing coma", Carrie is freeing up her jam-packed DVR, starting her latest DIY project, or planning her next travel adventure. She lives in New Jersey with her husband, who is more than happy to watch sports while his wife plots love stories.

Find her online: Website | Facebook | Twitter

XOXO

A

No comments:

Post a Comment