Monday, March 27, 2017

Random ramblings of a bookworm ;) #57

New favourite movie of all time
Resolutions update
And
Songs of the moment

Hello my wonderful people :) damn, I can't believe how fast the time flies, and that yet another week is behind us... and how in the world march is already ending?!? I mean, I feel like just yesterday january was upon us... ;) why am I mentioning january? well, mainly because I just realized some stuff... and it's actually related to one of those headlines, so how about we dive straight into them, this time embracing the chaos and starting in the middle... :)

What I meant, is that I recently realized, that we are 1/4 into the new year and my resolutions... well... it could have been going better... :) don't get me wrong, when it comes to my book-ish resolutions... I'm doing all right :) but the rest? yeah... there's definitely room for improvement there ;) I mean, I'm definitely embracing it as being my "yes year" cause I have all sorts of cool events in the upcoming months that I'm looking forward to go to :) there's "Mamma mia" musical in the theatre at the beginning of april... then near the end of that same month a live concert of music from different movies played by an orchestra and accompanied by a cool visual show :) then in may I'm going to see Bruno Mars live for the first time ever :) *squeels with joy* I'm so excited :) I have a few other things planned, but until I have tickets in my hand, I won't share any of that, I don't want to jinx it ;) but the rest of my resolutions? well, they are all in the background... why? oh I'll tell ya :) because I read too much *cue the gasps* ;) I know, I'm shocked too, that I was actually able to admit that :) but it's true... there's no point denying it anymore... I absolutely love to read, it's my go-to response when I want to escape from the world... to just curl up with a book and forget about everything else... and it's sooooo easy to do... but at the same time, I know that it keeps me from doing all sorts of other stuff... and all of that won't change itself... it's gonna involve making some very conscious decisions and working hard for it, because truth be told, I'm an introvert, and I don't mind being home alone... most of the times I like it :) but every time I actually do force myself a little bit, and go outside, meet with friends and just generally do stuff... I always enjoy it... :) so you can see my dilemma... *sighs* and now that the weather is getting warmer and the sun shines a little bit brighter each day... I'm getting an itch to change stuff again :) so that's exactly what I'm planning to do... dust off that resolutions list and start crossing stuff off of it :) after all, no one is gonna do it for me :) if I want to change things, I need to work on that by myself :)

Now let us circle back to the beginning of those headlines... you guys, I finally saw on friday "Beauty and the beast" :) originally I was supposed to see it a week earlier, on the day it premiered, but certain things got in the way and I was delayed... but now that I saw it... *sighs dreamily* it is most definitely my new favourite movie of all time :) you know how usually when I mention I saw a movie in one of my #RandomRamblings posts I just say a sentence or two and move on? well... it's not gonna be like that this time :) so now I have a quick warning for you guys :) if you haven't seen it yet, but you're going to and you don't want any spoilers whatsoever, just skip the next paragraph :) but if you already saw it, or you don't mind some spoilery thoughts, then keep on reading to know all my thougts and feelings about it :) but before I get into all that, how about we watch that beautiful trailer for the n-th time ;)


Ok, this is your last warning people, all sorts of spoilery thoughts ahead... :) let me start by saying, that I was afraid to watch this movie... the animated version is my favourite fairy tale of all time, and that story is in general one that is very close to my heart... I mentioned on more than one occasion how much I adore to read re-tellings of it... so from the moment I heard there is going to be a live action version of it... throughout finding out more and more details about it, and then finally watching the trailer... I was getting more and more excited about it... :) but the closer to actually seeing it on the big screen, I started thinking... *there is just no way that this can be as good as I'm hoping it would be... I've built this up way too much in my head, and I'm almost sure I'm gonna be disappointed by something...* so I did my best to curb my expectations at least a little bit... but you guys... I shouldn't have been worried at all... because this movie... they took everything I loved in the animated version and they made it even better :) all the things I adored were still there, and all the things that bothered me, were perfected here... *sighs happily again* :) <- this is what I've been doing for the last few days... just sighing from time to time, thinking about it :) #TrueStory :) ok, so how about now I will actually get into all the spoilery thoughts about it :) although it's hard to pick a place where to start :) so maybe I'll start with the characters... and I'm not gonna mention all actors by name, just the characters they were playing ;) I loved everyone :) I mean, I was pretty sure I would like Belle... ;) but to actually see with my own eyes that my predictions were true... *sighs happily* Beast was great as well, but Gaston... :) he was the perfect villain :) but what surprised me the most, is how much I loved Maurice and LeFou :) I have to admit that I wasn't their biggest fan in the animated version, but here? they were soooo much better :) not to mention all the inhabitants of the castle... :) I swear you guys, there was not one weak addition :) and don't even get me started on the music... *sighs dreamily* although I have one complaint... as much as I loved all the songs and the score, I am definitely not a fan of the new version of "Beauty and the beast" song... don't get me wrong, I have nothing against John Legend or Ariana Grande, in fact I think their voices are wonderful, but the music arrangement? sounds cheap and cheesy and ugh... I can't listen to it... especially since in the trailer, near the end, there is this much better, epic version of that song, with orchestra and I loved it... :) but let's go back to all the awesomeness of the music in the actual movie... I feel like you're getting tired of me repeating myself, but I can't help it... I loved it :) and don't even get me started on the sets and scenography... *sighs dreamily* it was magical... costumes were wonderful as well... I swear you guys, I spent the entire two hours of the movie... which gone by way too fast in my opinion, smiling from ear to ear and absolutely enjoying every minute :) I highly recommend it for you guys to see on the big screen... I think there's actually quite a big chance that I will go see it once more myself ;) yes, it was that good... I also have a feeling that I will watch it many, many times as soon as it will be out on dvd... just to make sure it's just as wonderful as I think it is... ;)

Last but not least, I want to share with you guys two songs that I got stuck in my head... and I am actually quite proud of myself that both of them are pretty new :) which means it didn't take me months to discover something that the world already fell in love with :) the first one I found by accident, which is very fortunate, cause I love both of those lovely ladies... ;) and I have to thank my wonderful sister J for the second one :) she played it to me and from that very first time I was a goner... ;) hope you guys will enjoy both of them :)



Ok, that is a wrap people :) I'm off to conquer the world... just kidding ;) but I promise to do something else besides reading today ;) I love to connect with you guys, so be sure to leave a comment here, on my Facebook page or Goodreads account, I check those every day :) you can try me on Twitter or Instagram, but they are still #WorkInProgress ;)

XOXO

A

No comments:

Post a Comment