Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Review: "Loving Eva" by Camellia Hart



Author: Camellia Hart
Title: "Loving Eva"
Book 2 in series In light of shadows
Main characters: Clive Stanton and Evangeline "Eva" Avery

I got an ARC of this book from the author in exchange for an honest review :) and I have to say that I truly enjoyed this sequel :) because the first thing you need to know about this story, is that's it's the second installment in a trilogy, that revolves about the same couple and a few other things I will mention in a moment, but I highly recommend you reading them in order... otherwise you will definitely have troubles following all the stories in it... :) those books are very connected to one another and since I read the first one months ago... not to mention that I read a lot of books in between ;) it took me a moment to get into the groove of things and to remember certain events and people ;) so trust me, if you haven't read the first book, you will feel lost :) now that we have this explanation out of the way, let me tell you a bit more about the actual book ;)

So first of all, I have to say that writing a review of a sequel, especially in a series where books are very connected to each other, is really hard... :) on the one hand, you have to really be careful and watch out what exactly you're saying, to avoid spoiling certain events from that first book in case the person reading your review haven't gotten to it yet ;) on the other hand, you want to say just enough to actually encourage people to read it... if you liked it, of course :) and I am in exactly this position :) so my review will be a bit shorter than what I usually write, because of those reasons :) so how about I will tell you a little bit about this series in general and then share with you guys my thoughts and feelings about it? that way you'll know the general vibes of this book and this series without spoilers, and based on my reactions, you can see a bit more where it's headed :) so our main couple is Eva and Clive :) they actually met years before, when they were both teenagers, but lost contact... they meet again when they start to work in the same building... Clive is taking care of his family's business, and Eva... well, actually Eva is in the same position :) after the death of her father, she took over his interior design company... :) when they meet again after all this time, sparks start to fly... ;) but before you go all about how it's just another romance... even though there's nothing wrong with them ;) this series actually have a mysterious twist to it as well... ;) because there is an informant who wants to take Eva and her company down... because he works for a person, who holds some sort of grudge about Eva... dun dun duuuuunnnnn ;) so we have an on-going guessing game who is that person... and I still have no clue :) I'm not even sure if it's a man or a woman... :) I am going back and forth with all my maybe-it's-*spoiler*-but-then-again-I-think-that-maybe-it's-*spoiler* thinking :) that's pretty much all I can say to you without ruining some surprises along the way :)

So instead of thinking about all the things I can't tell you, how about I share some of the stuff I actually can talk to you about :) I definitely enjoyed this sequel :) I think what I loved the most is that both of our main characters acted like adults... I know what you're thinking: *why wouldn't they act like adults? they ARE adults* yeah... that's not as obvious as some of you might think... trust me, I've been burned by those kinds of assumptions before :) so I loved that there was basically no drama between Eva and Clive in this story :) don't get me wrong, they argued and stumbled upon some obstacles, but they actually talked about it and trusted each other, rather than act like hormonal / angsty teenagers... :) I also really like all the flashbacks that showed us certain events in Clive's past... it really helped me understood him better :) this was definitely a very good sequel, and now I am even more curious about that last installment becasue let me tell you... the plot definitely thickens in this one, and I have a feeling that the ending we're headed into will be really good :) it's just a hunch I have... ;) I'm really sorry that I can't really tell you guys more details, but I truly believe you will enjoy this story more, the less you know about it going in :) so let me just say that I can definitely recommend you guys this series to try out :)

XOXO

A

No comments:

Post a Comment