Thursday, February 9, 2017

Review: "Kendra" by Kat Brewer


Author: Kat Brewer
Title: "Kendra"
Book 3 in series The chronicles of Erla
Main character: Kendra Allen

I got a free copy of this book from the author in exchange for an honest review ;) and I have no shame in admitting how much I thoroughly enojeyd this fantasy guilty pleasure read, because it is the best way to describe the stories in this series :) this one can be read as a standalone, although I would personally recommend you to read them in order :) because that way you'll avoid spoilers from previous books AND you will better understand certain interactions between characters :) as always reviewing a book that'a right in the middle of a series is not an easy thing to do, becuase it's that much harder to avoid spoilers, but I will do my best to tell you all about it :)

So let me start by saying a bit more about the world in general :) each book in this series is centered around a different woman who is transported from our world through a transdimensional rift into the world of Jiva :) Jiva is filled with various, well... let's call them countries :) they are different, some of them ruled by men, and some, like Erla, ruled by women :) the center of action in the books so far is a Queendom, where women are the dominant and stronger... men on the other hand, are slaves... I know, I know, but before you go all judgemental on me, just keep in mind the fact, that they are different from the men we know on a genetic level, so they are submissive and more gentle, and most of all, they are treated very well... on paper that idea might not sound so good, and I was very apprehensive about it at the beginning, but now it truly doesn't bother me :) I know it might be a problem for some of you, that's why I'm mentioning it :) each book tells a story of a diffeent woman, and how she adjusts to her new life in a totally foreign world :) BUT, and that's the main reason why I highly recommend you to read them in order, all sorts of characters we met before appear in all the books :) so you will definitely understand all the connections between them better if you follow the stories from the start :) not to mention that the more books I read, the more I see certain things and archs that overlaps in more than one book... :) I don't really want to tell you more about the events in this story, and in this series in general, because I truly think you would get more out of them, if you'd be surprised along the way just like I did ;) because there are quite a few surprises along the way :)

All in all, I really loved this book :) I definitely enjoyed it more than the previous one, mainly because I connected to Kendra a lot better than I did with Willow :) although I liked Willow more in this installment than in her own story :) I think she is just a better secondary character, at least for me ;) I think I liked Kendra more because of her much more sunny personality :) not to mention that there was a very lovely story with one of the men she chooses for her :) I won't say anything else, but it was very sweet :) as all other books in this series, this one was also full of adventures and a few surprises along the way, showing us a little bit more of the world :) and as always I had soooo much fun reading them :) the writing style makes the pages just fly by and I am done before I know what is happening :) I really hope you guys will give this book, and this series in general, a try, if you haven't done it already :)

XOXO

A

No comments:

Post a Comment