Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Release blitz + Review: "Roman's having sex again" by Nikki Ashton


Author: Nikki Ashton
Standalone
Main characters: Roman Hepburn and Summer James

Synopsis

Summer James has suffered a devastating change to her life, one that could shape her future. To make matters worse, she now has a new boss. Not such a major problem, you might think, but not when that boss is Roman Hepburn: rude, grouchy and impatient, with a damn fine ass!

Summer’s feelings for the dark, brooding Roman soon change and it becomes evident that some highly-charged sexual tension has been bubbling under the surface when Roman makes it clear that he intends to make Summer his.

Will Roman succeed in getting his girl, and, if he does, will he succeed in keeping her? Or will circumstances, and Roman's hilariously strange, but loveable, family, send Summer tottering for the hills on her six-inch heels?

I got an ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review :) it was my first book written by this author, but it will definitely not be the last, because I absolutely adored it :) originally, I gave it 4,5 stars, but to be honest... the more I think about it, the more I realize how fun it was... so I've decided to bump it up to full 5 stars :) it's a standalone, but there are appearances from people who got their own books before, but don't worry, you will enjoy it even if you are new to Nikki and her writing style :) I was, and it didn't bother me at all :) what it did, is definitely made me more curious to check out her other work :) now that we have this little explanation out of the way, how about I'll tell you a bit more about our main couple...

Roman and Summer... *sighs happily* oh how I adored those two :) Summer is a PA to the boss in a construction / renovation company, and when he sells his business to Roman, she becomes his PA... and they do not have a great start... there's a reason why her nickname for him is Grumpy ;) and it's a very well deserved nickname I have to add ;) he seems like this, well... grumpy and complaining-all-the-time guy, but it's not the only side of him... Summer on the other hand... her personality definitely matches her name ;) she's amuch more open and talkative person, and she's definitely not a pushover, so when Roman yells or is acting like a jerk, she gives as good as she gets... ;) they definitely have a very interestng "relationship" at the beginning of the book... because as we all know, when it comes to romance, usually this kind of tension between two characters is connected to a whole different kind of tension... am I right? *wink wink* ;) and it's definitely true in this case :) one kiss unlocks a whole lot of awesome between them :) because once both of them realize that their attraction towards one another is reciprocated... let's just say the story gets even more interesting :) I don't really want to say too much about them and how they get together, but I will share some stuff :) I absolutely adored them together... I mean, once they admitted how attracted they are to each other, it was sooo much fun :) don't get me wrong, there were plenty of much more serious topics, not to mention the mistakes both of them made, but through the most parts, they acted like actual adults... you know, talking with each other and explaining things... *sighs* it's not as common in books as I would like, so I always appreciate it :)

As much as I loved our main couple, I have to tell you guys... the secondary characters... there were definitely some scene stealers there, that's for sure... :) and by that I mainly think about Roman's family... they were... his parents... I mean... :) there is no amount of words and explanations that could help you prepare for them... ;) and trust me, it's better to not know too much before... ;) that way those scenes.... yeah, when I read about them for the very first time, I almost fell off my chair from laughter... fortunately I read that particular fragment at home instead of on my way to or from work ;) because I'm sure I would not be able to contain my laughter on the bus and people might get weird ideas... ;) I also adored Emma, Summer's best friend for her constant support and advice... ;) there were of course much more people present in this book, especially since it's not only a romance, but there is something else going on... but I can't really tell you anything else about it without giving away some major plot points from way further in the book, soooo... ;) moving on... ;)

This book was written from Summer's perspective, and even though I would absolutely love to get inside Roman's head at least for a little bit, I adored the writing style :) it was fun and entertaining, pulling you in from the very first chapter... :) *sighs happily* I will definitely check out some other books written by this lovely author :) this book was such a perfect escape from reality... it was hilarious and sweet, with some more serious and vulnerable scenes in it as well... and with the most beautiful epilogue ever... or two of them, if were being meticulous ;) I can highly recommend you this book if you are looking for a great written story filled with unique and interesting characters... if you want to laugh out loud and get lost within the pages, this particular book will definitely give you just that :) so go check it out ;)



About the author:

Nikki lives in Cheshire with her husband, two dogs and lovely mother-in-law who supplies her with endless cups of tea. She writes romance with a touch of humour and lots of love, and hopes that she puts a smile on her reader's faces.

Her ambitions of becoming a writer started at the age of 10 when she started writing poetry at school, and was given the honour of reading one of her poems to the rest of her year group (a truly embarrassing experience that she will never forget).

Nikki is grateful for the wide variety of strange and wonderful people in her life, otherwise she'd never know what to write about! She is currently talking to family and friends, finding out their innermost secrets in readiness for her next book.

Find her online: Website | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

XOXO

A

No comments:

Post a Comment