Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Review: "Royal scandal" by Marquita Valentine


Book 1 in series Royals in exile
Main characters: Colin Sinclair and Della Hughes

I got an ARC of this book from the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review :) I am shocked people... shocked I tell ya!!! ;) by how much I absolutely ADORED this book :) it was only my second story written by the amazingly talented Marquita Valentine and it's another one that I completely fell in love with :) now I cannot wait even more to check out all of her other work :) but let's go back to the actual topic of this review, which is the beginning of a brand new series :) so how about I will tell you a bit more about our main couple and the situation they are in :)

Soooo... Colin is a prince... a literal prince :) with a country and castles and everything... or to be more precise, he HAD all that.. because after the assassination of his parents, he and his siblings were forced to leave their home... and now they've been living in the US for about ten years :) Colin, being the oldest and most responsible of them all, is also definitely the most serious one of them all as well :) he takes care of everyone, assuming the role of a father for his two youngest brothers... but I will talk a bit more about the rest of the siblings later :) even though he's this serious guy, he also has a bit lighter side :) he's very honest... or as honest as he can be when it comes to certain facts that he can't share... :) not to mention that he uses only like my favourite term of endearment ever... *love* and I just melt every time I hear it... ;) especially since I know he says it with that sexy british accent... seriously,,, I'm in a puddle all over the floor ;) #NoRegrets ;) so naturally I loved him :) but what's even more surprising is that I loved Della as much as I adored him :) she loves Disney, and I can sooooo relate to that ;) and has this amazing sense of humor :) I swear you guys, the internal dialogues she has with her hormones are just hilarious :) I don't really want to say too much about how and why they actually get together, besides the obvious they-get-married-because-of-political-ish-reasons-but-it-is-in-the-synopsis-so-it-is-not-a-spoiler :) because I truly think that you will enjoy this story sooo much more without too much details ;) but what I CAN say is that I adored their interactions... they've been friends first, for years... not knowing they actually have feelings for each other... so when that friendship starts to grow into something more *fans herself* sparks fly ;)

Now about those other siblings... ;) I'm not gonna mention the two youngest brothers, although they are quite adorable :) instead I will focus a bit on the other three, because if I'm assuming correctly, all of them will get their own stories ;) and I cannot even begin to tell you how excited I am for all of them :) so we have Theo, the younger brother and a total playboy / player... ;) he seems like this easy-going character, but there are little glimpses here and there about how much more there is to him... and I am very curious who will catch his attention for longer... ;) and then we have the twin girls... Imogen, the future queen and Charlotte :) Imogen is the more crazy and brave one, doing whatever she wants and Charlotte seems like the more timid one... and since she is the heroine of the second book, after seeing that very interesting little teaser at the end of this book about her and... well, I'm not gonna spoil you on the hero of her book, but let me just say... damn... ;) I need it like ASAP :) all of them are different and I liked them all for different reasons, which only makes it that much harder to wait for their own stories... :) so you should read this one as well and then we can suffer together ;)

I cannot find words good enough to describe how much I adored this story :) I can't really find any bad things to say about it :) it was written in 2 POVs, which means we got chapters from Dells's point of view as well as from Colin's :) and they were written so well... this whole book was written in a fantastic way if we're being honest :) I was absolutely entertained :) the dialogues were hilarious, the interactions were hot or sweet or emotional... depending on the scene of course :) I am absolutely in love with those people and I'm very eagerly anticipating new additions to this series :) I can highly recommend you guys this absolutely fun and sweet story and I hope you will give it a try :) especially if you are in need of a book that wil make you laugh out loud and brighten your day ;)

I haven't done that in a really long time, but I just had to put some of the quotes from the book in my review... ;) you will understand when you will get those few glimpses into the awesomeness that awaits you in this story... trust me, there's much more where these few came from :) happy reading :)

Part of the conversation between Colin and Della when he explains everything :) a part with one of her internal dialogues :)
"'I guess you can try to explain to me why you have a sudden need to confess your secrets and propose.'
Why do I care?
Because in your dreams, he was always on one knee and holding up a diamond ring.
That's ridiculous.
You're ridiculous.
You'll get no argument from me."

Part of that same conversation, just a little bit later :)
"'Still seems weird that you're a prince.'
'If if helps, you don't have to call me by my title or Your Highness.'
She rolls her eyes. Weirdly enough, I'm relieved by that. It means she still sees me as Colin and not a crown prince. 'I'd have to be high before I call you that.'
I chuckle. 'I know this is a little out of the box, but it can work.'
'Out of the box? There is no box.'
'There is, however, a tiara. Might I interest you in that?'"

Part of yet another conversation between them after a bit of a... well, more heated moment ;) Della first :)
"'I mean that you don't look like, or even breathe like, we were at the beginning of a huge make-out session.'
'Trust me, my body is one hundred percent aware of what we were doing. I don't think I need to show you how hard I am for you... unless you don't believe me and need to investigate for yourself.'
My fork almost slips from my hand, but I catch myself in time. 'I believe you.'
'Too bad because I'd looked forward to your inspection.' With a slight smirk, he takes a drink and all I can think is What have I gotten myself into? followed by Who cares, you know you wanted to see his royal appendage. Tell him you'll be happy to see if he measures up to your royal measurements.
This is why I don't consult my hormones when it comes to Colin. Ever.
They've never been reasonable.
I bet he's royally endowed."

And the last one when he takes her to a castle his family owns :) Della first :)
"'And we're staying there?'
'Yes.'
I glance at the castle again, it's looming larger and larger the closer we get to town. 'Is there a dungeon?'
'Not anymore.'
'A moat?'
'Not anymore.'
I give him a look. 'Are you sure this is a real castle?'"

XOXO

A

No comments:

Post a Comment