Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Review: "Good boy" by Sarina Bowen and Elle Kennedy


Title: "Good boy"
Book 1 in series WAGs
Main characters: Blake Riley and Jessica "Jess" Canning

I got the ARC of this amazing book from the authors in exchange for an honest review :) and damn... just... GAH!!! this book was absolutely amazing :) I feel like I cannot express with words all the feels it gave me and how I truly loved every freaking chapter :) I can try, but since I can't go to each and everyone of you to shake you and ask *what the hell have you been doing with your life if you haven't bought this book yet?!?* I feel like even the bestest words will be inadequate to explain all the awesomeness of this story... :) but never fear, I will try and tell you all about it either way :) first, a little explanation... this is the start of a new series co-written by these lovely authors, but we met the majority of the characters from this book, in Him duology... mainly because WAGs is a spin-off series of that one ;) but worry not, it works perfectly well as a standalone... although I would recommend you to read Him duology because it's stunning ;) but back to the topic of this review... ;) now that we have this little thing out of the way let me go straight into all the good stuff... and by that I mean...

Blake Riley... *sighs dreamily* *sighs yet again because once is simply not enough to show you my love for this character* :) Blake is one of my all time favourite people ever... :) I mean... I adored him when he was a secondary character in "Us" but now??? no words will be good enough to explain how much I love this guy... he's like a puppy with ADHD ;) cute, adorable and annoying all at the same time... the way his mind works... not to mention his mouth and all the stuff he says... ;) is stunning... I could never predict what's gonna happen next with this guy, so very quickly I just stopped trying and enjoyed the story ;) and trust me... I could spend a few days telling you all about how amazing he is, how I loved him and his personality, but we don't have that much time... ;) so instead I will let you discover all of the awesomeness that is Blake when you read his story ;) so now let us jump over to Jess... ;) I adored he as well... not as much as I did Blake, because come on... let's be serious ;) but she was such an interesting character... I could really relate to her still not knowing what she wants to do with her life... struggling to find the path that will fullfill her... I was just as happy as she was when she found it :) I can't really put my finger on it, but I really liked her ;) also, I was very impressed by how long she kept resisting Blake, because damn... I would have give in much sooner ;) theirs was a relationship that started off with a bang... *wink wink* ;) but the book actually takes places over a span of quite a few months... which really works in this case... her whole life is changing, and it was refreshing to see a girl who doesn't just forgets that she has a life and responsibilities :) to be honest, I don't really want to say much more about their journey to be together, because I was actually surprised a couple of times along the way, and I kind of want for you guys the same sort of not knowing where is this going when you'll be reading it :) just trust me, it's a fantastic story... ;)

When it comes to secondary characters... well, there's plenty of people we know and love... and a one or two completely new... and in both cases I see sooooo much potential for future stories... :) you have no idea how happy I am that this is the beginning of a series :) but worry not, if you are new to these people, and you'll be meeting them for the first time in this story... well... all the explanations are there so you won't be confused, but you'll definitely want to read all about them later ;) I don't knwo if this explanation made much sense, mainly because I am currently overwhelmed with love to the whole Canning clan ;) Jess's family is absolutely amazing... I adore the whole bunch, and how protective and loving they are... how openly they welcome new people to their family... *sighs* I just want to hug them all :)

So if you haven't gotten that already, let me say it again very clearly... I LOVED this book :) you all need to read it :) it's written in 2 POVs, which is only like my favourite kind of writing, when we have chapters from both our main characters points of view... ;) and I was not ready for the awesomeness of Blake's head... ;) I am still amazed how well these two work together, because the story flows effortlessly and I had to remind myself that TWO separate people wrote it :) these two really are magical together :) although I feel the need to warn you about reading this book in public places... it will give you all the feels, and I almost cried on the bus one time... those vows at that wedding... *sighs* I know, mysterious much? ;) but I can't tell more... :) well, technically I CAN it's just that I don't want to spoil you anything ;) plus, this book is sooooo hilarious, it will make you laugh... as in laugh-so-hard-you-will-snort-in-public-places laugh ;) there were a few times when I read it on my commute to and from work and I almost fell to the floor of the bus from laughing so hard ;) #TrueStory #NoShame ;) so go... go get this amazing gem and read all about Blake and Jess... because we all need them in our lives... :)

XOXO

A

No comments:

Post a Comment