Monday, January 9, 2017

Review: "Cowboy games" by Audrey Randall


Standalone, but... ;)
Main characters: Jesse and Lana

I got an ARC of this book from the author in exchange for an honest review :) I honestly have to say that after finishing it, I was going back and forth for quite some time, trying to decide how to rate this story... :) ultimately, I landed on four stars, because even though there were a few things that bothered me, in the end it was a fun read :) since the book itself was definitely more on the short side, my review will be a bit shorter than usual as well, because I don't want to spoil you every little detail that happens in it :) so how about I will tell you a bit about the story and main characters and then share with you my thoughts and feelings after finishing it :)

We meet Lana when she is a bit lost in the middle of nowhere :) what is she doing there? well, that is a good question :) Lana is a professional player... as in, she plays professionally in all sorts of virtual games for a living :) but now she is looking to make a bit of a change :) with her friends, she wants to find a place to start a camp for underprivileged girls where they can learn coding, as well as spent some time outside :) so when one of her online friends offers up his ranch, she is headed there to check it out :) imagine her surprise, when she discovers that this offer came from a boy still in high school :) talk about awkward... ;) and things only get more interesting when she meets Cody's older brother... Jesse... :) where she is definitely more on the talkative side, he is... well, a man of a few words, that's for sure :) so even though they seem like day and night, there is definitely an insane level of attraction from the very moment they meet :) because her coming to their ranch was quite a surprise for Jesse... that's what happens when your younger brother forgets to tell you stuff :) ok, so that's pretty much everything I can tell you about the premise of the book, mainly because the majority of it, takes place over only a few days :) so any additional informations would be too spoilerific :) so instead let me jump into my thoughts and feelings about this story :)

So first of all, even though I definitely had fun reading this book, there were parts when it was just... well... too much too fast... :) don't get me wrong, I have nothing against the heat and chemistry from the moment you meet someone... I have read and enjoyed many books that started the same ;) but it's the amount of time that passed from the attraction to the I-can't-imagine-my-life-without-you part that made me raised my eyebrow in doubt... ;) not to mention a few twists that happened after those initial few days... :) but not all books we read have to be realistic, right? ;) when it comes to the writing style, it was definitely entertaining :) Audrey is a new author to me, and I am curious about her other stories... especially since this one can be read as a standalone, but certain secondary characters we met here already have their books published :) so you can check them out if you want to :) as for this particular one... :) if you want a quick and smutty story... and I am NOT saying that as an insult, just an observation, because I know that not everyone might be a fan ;) with fun and entertaining characters, definitely give this one a try ;)

XOXO

A

No comments:

Post a Comment