Monday, January 2, 2017

Random ramblings of a bookworm ;) #45

Goodreads reading challenge
Book-ish resolutions
And 
Other personal resolutions 

Hello my awesome people at the beginning of a brand new year :) I am just soooo full of optimism and positive energy :) I am simply bursting with joy today :) and I am hoping that my new... or new-ish, cause this all did not start just a few days ago :) attitude, will stay with me from now on :) I have so many great things to share with you guys today, so let's all embrace some chaos, because order all the time is sooo boring ;) and let me start from the very end of those headlines :)

First, let me say, that I completely understand people who chose to not make any new resolutions at the beginning of a new year... I get that for some people it's a fake start and they say that if you want to change something, you shouldn't be waiting for a specific date, but instead just go for it :) and I respect that :) however, in my case... well... :) some little changes started a few weeks ago... some of them even earlier... :) and this new beginning is actually the very last little push or nudge I needed to actually sit and write some stuff down ;) I am not gonna tell you all about my resolutions, mainly because they are called private for a reason :) but what I will share with you guys, is that 2017 is going to be my "yes year" :) yes to new opportunities, yes to achieving things that have been on my mind for a very long time, yes to getting out of my comfort zone... :) the list is pretty long, but once I'll start crossing things off, I will definitely share some more details with you guys, so keep an eye on all my #RandomRamblings posts in the future :)

Next off, let's circle back to the beginning of those headlines :) but before I go on and tell you all about my new challenge, how about we take a second to review my previous one :) so 2016 was actually the very first year when I actually kept track, thanks to Goodreads reading challenge, of how many books I've read :) which is actually a bit weird to say, especially since I've been reading for as long as I can remember :) but I never really counted how many books I go through in a year :) so last year, around this time, I was thinking... how many books do I want to set as my goal? :) since I really had no idea, I decided on 52... you know, 52 weeks in a year, and I definitely read at least one book per week :) I knew I would read more than that, but to be honest, I'd rather be ahead of my schedule than behind ;) yeah... I reached my goal at the beginning of june :) but I decided to leave it the same, instead of changing it for a higher number :) and imagine my surprise, when at the end of the year it turned out I accomplished my goal... times three :) cause I read exactly 156 books :) but I still had troubles deciding on a number for 2017 :) why, you ask? oh I'll tell ya :) last year was pretty uneven for me... I had definitely more free time in the first half, and much less in the second one, when I got a full time job... that's when my reading tempo slowed down considerably... at least until I worked on balancing some stuff :) so for the longest time I planned on setting my new challenge at 78... as in 1,5 books per week :) but I actually realized, that I was reading closer to the end of the year more books than I anticipated... so after thinking it through, I decided on 104 books instead :) two books per week is a nice, round number, that I know I will accomplish :) definitely not in june though ;) but it's a goal that allows me a little breathing room in my week for, you know... other activities than work and reading... ;) and I have a few ideas ;)

Last but not least, there are my other book-ish resolutions :) I don't have any reading challenges as in "read a book with a name in the title" or "finish a series" or something like that :) although to be honest I always love watching those videos on BookTube :) maybe next year I will prepare something like that :) instead, I have three goals I want to accomplish this year :) #1 and the most important one, is to have fun when I read :) I know it might sounds obvious to you guys, but last year I struggled for a few months with the amount of ARCs I needed to get through and the deadlines and just... reading started to feel like work, instead of a passion soooo... don't worry, I found my balance again, but I want to remember that feeling and not let it happen again this year :) so yeah, I want to try out new authors and books, but always from a place of curiosity and to just always have fun when I read... :) #2 and #3 are actually similar to one another :) because they both revolve around the books I want to finish this year :) so #2 is: I will read all the books that are waiting on my kindle that I received from authors... as of today that number is 21... it might not seem like a lot, but some of them have been waiting for a few months, and I want to get to them rather sooner than later :) and #3 is: I want to read all the books I got via NetGalley that were published last year... as of today, that number is 22... :) I find a lot of great books there, and my requests are accpeted most of the time, so the list keeps getting longer... and trust me, I am not even counting the books with this year's release dates :) I just want to finish the older ones... :)

Ok, that is it... that's a wrap on my very first post of 2017 :) do you guys have any book-ish or other resolutions? :) if so, feel free to share them with me here, on my Facebook page or my Goodreads account, cause I am there every day :)

XOXO

A

No comments:

Post a Comment