Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Bookmarks 2016 :) favourite sports themed romance

Oh you guys are in for a treat... or actually two of them since me AND my lovely sister J will share with you guys our picks in this category :) and books about athletes are definitely one of my favourites to read... there is just something about them that... *sighs dreamily* ;) so before I will melt into a puddle, how about I'll get straight into all the awesomeness... ;)


The winner of this particular category was pretty hard to decide... because I read quite a few really great sports themed romances last year... but... ultimately I just had to go with "The score" by Elle Kennedy, book #3 in her Off-campus series :) all of them can be read as standalones by the way ;) and if you guys think that my choices are affected by the time when I read specific books, think again... because this one was actually one of the very first few books I read last year, right at the beginning of january... and time did nothing to diminish the awesomeness of this story :) I will leave a link to my full review below, but long story short, this book is about a hockey player in college, who is a player in more ways than one *wink wink* :) Dean is a smooth-and-dirty-talking charmer that will knock you off your feet... ;) but besides being incredibly hot and hilarious, this book had also soooo many surprisingly sweet and vulnerable moments... it stole my heart completely... you need to read it :) and today, at the end of this post, I will have for you guys two reviews, because I actually read J's winner last year as well and have a full review for that one too :)

J: I was going back and forth a little bit with my choice, but ultimately it had to be "Taking a shot" by Jaci Burton, book #3 in her Play by play series :) all of the books in that series, and I already read quite a few of them ;) are really fun and amazing, but I come back to this one the most :) I mean... what's not to love?!? it's a story about a girl who has an iron rule never to date an athlete, and a very persistent hockey player... ;) not only the main couple is great, but there are also all sorts of amazing appearances of people we met in previous books... those girls nights out with all the relationship advice... ;) you won't be able to stop laughing, I can promise you that :) and guys are no less hilarious... not to mention hot ;) it's a perfect book if you need something light and fun :) AND it also works as a standalone, so if you are not familiar with the series, you can start here if you want to :)

Reviews mentioned in this post:

- The score -> READ ME <-
- Taking a shot -> READ ME <-

XOXO

A

No comments:

Post a Comment