Friday, January 27, 2017

Bookmarks 2016 :) favourite fantasy romance

So when it comes to this particular category of #Bookmarks2016 we all know that for me there could only be one winner... ;) because when I read that particular book I could not shut up about it :) J's winner on the other hand is one of my all time fave stories, and I read it quite a few times already, unfortunately all those times before I started my blog, so there won't be a review below :) so how about we start from my winner? :)


You guys KNEW it had to be "The tower must fall" by S. E. Bennett :) come on... it was obvious ;) although the romance part of that story is definitely in the background :) I loved absolutely everything about this amazing book... the dark retellings of fairy tales we think we know, the interesting characters, thrilling story and the writing style to die for... :) I fell in love with this book from the very first chapter and my love only grew from that point :) I wrote a very enthusiastic review for it, so I'm gonna recommend you to follow the link below to know all about it ;)

J: I'm gonna cheat a little and name two books, but since it's one story about one group of characters just told in two separate books, it's ok ;) "The shadow queen" and "Shalador's lady" written by Anne Bishop are technically part of her Black jewels series, but work as standalone as well, since familiar characters appear in episodes and the main story is centered around a whole new group :) I love the world and all its rules Anne Bishop created and can highly recommend this story :) it takes place over the span of a whole year, and it shows beautifully how much the main characters change over that time :) go check it out ;)

Review mentioned in this post:

- The tower must fall -> READ ME <-

XOXO

A

No comments:

Post a Comment