Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Review: "Skinny legs" by Isabel Keats


Author: Isabel Keats
Standalone short story
Main characters: Alexander and Nina

I received a free copy of this short story from the author in exchange for an honest review :) I honestly have to say that I am surprised by how much I really loved this story :) usually I am more of a the-longer-the-book-the-better kind of a girl ;) and it's true in this case as well, because I would LOVE to read more about Alexander and Nina :) BUT it did not stand in the way of me totally enjoying this story :) since it's soooo short, my review will probably be one of the shortest ones I ever wrote as well, simply because there is not much to tell about the synopsis without spoiling you every little detail :) but let me do my best to encourage you to give it a try ;)

Ok, so this absolutely lovely short story revolves around Alexander and Nina :) he is stuck in bed after an accident for a certain amount of time and she is his new nurse :) but wait, there's more :) they actually know each other from way back, when he was pretty awful to her at school... that is all the details I can share about the story :) so let me tell you a bit about my thoughts and feelings about it :) all in all I gave it 4,75 stars :) I definitely did not expect that outcome :) I thought it would be too short for me to really connect with the characters and get into the story, but I was wrong :) the truly fantastic writing style made it very easy to get lost in this book :) which is an even greater accomplishment than you think, because the author did not wrote this story in english :) it was translated :) and at this moment I need to explain to you guys why the translator deserves some credit :) I am also from a country where english is not the first language, and I can tell you from personal experience that it's VERY hard to have a good translation of your story... there's a reason why I know read pretty much exclusively books in original, english, language :) so for me to adore a translated story this much?!? :) it can only means that not only the translator did a great job, but also that the original writing style must have been phenomenal to begin with :) I am definitely looking forward to any future stories Isabel Keats will have in english, but this little gem is a great way of checking out if her style works for you :) I can wholeheartedly recommend you to give it a try :)

XOXO

A

No comments:

Post a Comment