Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Release blitz + Review: "Becoming a legend" by Sarah Robinson


Book 3 in series Kavanagh legends
Main characters: Kane Kavanagh and Nora Hannigan

Synopsis

Kane Kavanagh has always had one goal: being the best mixed martial arts fighter alive. With the MMA National Championships in Las Vegas fast approaching, the man they call “Killer” has no intention of letting anyone or anything get in his way. Somehow, though, a feisty opponent has slipped beneath his guard—and stolen his heart. Fiery and passionate, Nora Hannigan is harder to pin down than any rival Kane has faced in the ring. And she isn’t afraid to tell Kane that she wants nothing to do with him.

With her best friend about to marry into the Kavanagh family, Nora has been resisting Kane’s shameless attempts at flirting for months. But after their undeniable chemistry finally takes over, leading to the hottest night of Nora’s life, she’s running scared. There’s a lot about her life Kane doesn’t know, and she won’t be responsible for ending his career. Now Kane’s out to prove that he’s ready for a commitment by winning her heart—and he’s never lost a fight.

I got the ARC of this book from the lovely author through NetGalley in exchange for an honest review, and I have to say that I was going a bit back and forth with my rating for this story... but ultimately I decided on full five stars :) I was thinking about taking 0,5 star from it, but... well... in the end, I just couldn't do it :) did I agree with everything the main characters did in this book? nope :) but Sarah created such real and honest people, that even when I didn't agree with them, I couldn't help but understand why they acted in a certain way :) so let me tell you a bit more about this fantastic book :)

So I'm gonna start with that main couple :) Kane is an MMA fighter, preparing for the championship fight that's gonna happen in a few months... he is very determined and focused to win, but make no mistakes, he's not that serious about everything in his life ;) he is quite the charmer... ;) at least when he wants to be... ;) sometimes he likes to say certain things to provoke certain people... especially Nora ;) because they actually met before this book :) at this point, I feel the need to say that even though this is book #3 in a series, it works perfectly well as a standalone, because you get all the necessary informations, and you can easily follow the plot and all the connections betwen characters :) soooo, back to our couple :) they met a few months before, and of course Kane immediately hit on her, and she turned him down... ;) and ever since, they have this sort of... spark between them that sometimes may be mistaken for irritation ;) of course that is until one day she sees him in a bit different light... realizing that maybe he's more than this arrogant fighter that she originally thought he is... :) and once that doors are open, well... it's pretty hard to go back to what was before... :) what I had initial problems with, is this sort of push-and-pull between them... usually, I'm not the biggest fan of those types of relationships... but they were pretty honest about how neither of them really have the time for a true relationship... both of them had quite a lot on their minds... and to be honest, even though normally I don't really get that sort of relationships, in this case, it worked... I think it's because of Sarah's phenomenal writing style :) she wrote them as such raw and real characters, that even though sometimes they really frustrated me, I couldn't help but feel for them at the same time... she made me really understood why they were making certain decisions, even though I didn't agree with them... and that truly is a talented author :) it was so rewarding to see how they overcome the obstacles standing in their way :) I don't want to share too many details about their journey, because I don't want to spoil you certain things, but damn... theirs was a story that definitely made me feel all the feels... *sighs happily* :)

Now let me tell you a bit more about the secondary characters :) and since there were A LOT of them, I'm not gonna name everyone :) what I will say, is that I can guarantee, that if you haven't already, you will fall in love with the Kavanagh family :) because those brothers... *sighs* ;) there are of course parents and a sister there as well, but who am I kidding, those brothers... *sighs again because once is just not enough* ;) this was my second book about them... and right now a lot of you might be thinking "wait, second book? isn't it book #3 in this series?" and yes, you are correct... it's just that I still haven't read the first book... *hangs my head in shame* I know, I know... but it WILL happen... at some point :) my tbr #BookMountain is ginormous, but it's in there somewhere :) now where was I...? oh, right :) the more I get to know this family, the more I adore all of them :) it was sooo lovely to see couple from the previous book... and to be honest one of the most adorable and emotional scenes in this book included them :) but ssshhhh... no more details about that, I will leave it as a surprise :) but worry not, like I mentioned before, all the books work perfectly well as standalones, although I can guarantee that once you read one of them, you'll want to get your hands on the rest of them :) because yes, this family is that awesome ;)

I absolutely love Sarah's writing style, but I have a special place in my heart for this series :) the characters, all the connections and interactions between them just make me want to sneak inside the book and be a part of their group for a day ;) they love and support one another but they also tell the harsh truth when you need to hear it :) and even though I did had my share of troubles with certain decisions that our main characters made throughout the story, ultimately, I understood them... not to mention that the ending made up for everything... I loved how real it was, how the whole book showed that there are consequences to our actions, but we don't have to face them alone... that when you have a support system, like your friends and / or family, you should trust them to help carry your burdens... *sighs* the more time passes from me finishing this book the more I'm loving it :) the more I think sbout how Sarah created our main couple, the more I appreciate all their flaws and imperfections :) that 5 stars rating was definitely a good decision on my end :) if you haven't already, be sure to give this book, and this series in general, a try, because if you don't know the Kavanagh family, you are missing out on some really amazing stories :)





XOXO

A

No comments:

Post a Comment