Friday, November 4, 2016

Review: "90 days" by J. L. Leslie


Author: J. L. Leslie
Title: "90 days"
Book 3 in series Morgan family
Main characters: Rhys Morgan and Anniston Stone

I got an ARC of this book from the lovely author herself in exchange for an honest review :) and I have to say, that I am very conflicted right now people... :) and torn... but I will get to the more detailed reasons why is that in a moment :) right now let me say, that even though it's book #3 in a series, it works perfectly well as a standalone :) yes, the characters from previous stories do appear in this one as well, but you get all the necessary informations to know who's who ;) now that we have this little explanation out of the way, let me tell you a bit more about the book :)

And it's not gonna be easy... mainly because even though the book can be read as a standalone, the story itself was... well... it's actually really hard to tell you anything without some spoilers... so instead of ruining you the big stuff, I will share just some very little ones, so you can know what to be prepared for, going into this book :) if you already read the previous two installments in this series, you know both Rhys and Anniston :) but worry not if you haven't :) Anniston is a student and Rhys is a few years older than her very troubled guy... and by that I mean that he's an addict... and not an addict in recovery... nope, still using... I am putting it here as a warning, because I know that not everyone likes those types of stories... I am seriously sitting here and thinking really hard what else I can say to you, that won't spoil you something surprising and / or important from the book and honestly? that's pretty much everything I CAN say :) I feel like the best experience you can get from this book, is to go into it knowing nothing more... trust me, every detail I want to tell you, I immediately have to stop myself, because I feel like it would spoil you something I think you should discover for yourselves... so how about you'll forgive me for the lack of details, and instead let me tell you all about my thoughts and feelings about this story... :)

First of all, I feel the need to defend my 3,5 stars rating right now :) don't get me wrong, I absolutely love J. L. Leslie and her writing style :) after all, I keep reading her books ;) but this particular one, was a bit too dark for me... and that is only based on my personal preferences as a reader... to be honest, it's a recurring theme in this trilogy... all the stories have darker themes than the ones I usually read... again, it's not like I only read candy-ish and fluffy romances, but... ;) I like them a little lighter than this one ;) the story is written in 2 points of view, and that's always a plus for me in books :) the ability to see inside the minds of both our main characters, and how they react to certain events :) and J. L. is really good at it... my heart was definitely breaking several times during this story... *sighs heavily* again, it was a pretty dark book, at least for me BUT I really loved the way it was written... I would probably enjoy it more if it was a bit longer... especially near the ending I would love to get a few more chapters showing all those changes, before that final resolution... I know I'm being vague, but I can't be any more specific without spoilers ;) so pleae, definitely don't be discouraged by the fact that I didn't completely loved it from trying it out :) trust me, I saw lots of amazing reviews for this story full of awesome things to say about it and those characters :) and that's what I love most about books :) we all read the same story, and yet it is always different for all of us... we all see it coloured with our preferences and perspectives... I just hope that my humble review will add something to help you make the decision whether to read it or not :)

XOXO

A

No comments:

Post a Comment