Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Release blitz + Review: "Sugar free" by Sawyer Bennett


Author: Sawyer Bennett
Title: "Sugar free"
Book 3 in series Sugar bowl
Main characters: Beckett "Beck" North and Sela Halstead

I got my hands on the ARC of this conclusion to a series in exchange for an honest review and what an ending this was... ;) I am actually having a little bit of a dilemma while writing right now... should I leave my review totally spoiler free for people who might stumble onto it without knowing it's the third and final book to a series? or should I should include at least some spoilers from the first two books, because after all this is the conclusion... hmmm... ;) decisions, decisions... ;) but I think I will go with option #1 and no spoilers at all ;) so I will tell you a bit about the whole series and then just concentrate on all my thoughts and feelings about it :)

So the whole trilogy revolves around Sela and Beck... and definitely don't be fooled by those pink and candy-ish covers... this is definitely a dark story... Sela was raped around ten years ago and for the longest time she was not able to identify who did this to her... until about a year ago, when she recognized a tatoo on a certain businessman... that is the moment when she decides to take her revenge on him... after preparations she sets off to meet him, but instead she is intercepted by Beck, his business partner... I'm not gonna go into much more details, but know this... their meeting starts a whole new chapter in her life... there is of course sooo much more I could tell you, but since I'm embracing a totally no-spoilers rule, I won't ;) instead, let me tell you about my overall thoughts and feelings :)

All in all I gave this book 4,5 stars :) I absolutely love Sawyer Bennett's writing style :) this book, like the previous two, is written from two perspectives, and that gives us a unique possibility to glimpse inside both of our main characters heads... and you should know by now how much I adore 2 POVs in stories ;) not only that, but she also has an amazing talent of creating people and connections between them that really grabs your attention... trust me, I did not expect to get so invested into this whole series... but I did :) and about the story... damn, it took me by surprise quite a few times... I stopped counting how often I gasped in shock... and I honestly thought that after those first two books I would get better with predicting stuff... guess what... nope ;) I kept gasping in surprise ;) this is a really fantastic conclusion to this series... we get all sorts of resolutions and that ending is very satisfying :) so if you kept putting reading those books in time, becuase you were afraid that the ending would suck, go and one-click the whole trilogy right now... it's soooo worth your time :) and trust me, you'll want to one-click ALL of them, because if you won't, those cliffhangers might just be the death of you... trust me, I've been there ;) this series is a phenomenal and intriguing read, definitely a bit darker than what I usually read, but amazing nonetheless and that is the best compliment I can give to the writer... because if those books wouldn't have been so fantastically written I would have stopped reading them :) so if you are looking for an intense story that will keep you at the edge of your seat, and an unexpected romance that will make you all hot and melting, definitely pick this series up ;)

And since those stories cannot be read as standalones, I will leave you the links to buy all three books right here... just don't read the synopsis of books #2 and #3 if you're new to this series ;)


About the author:


Since the release of her debut contemporary romance novel, Off Sides, in January 2013, Sawyer Bennett has released more than 30 books and has been featured on both the USA Today and New York Times bestseller lists on multiple occasions. 

A reformed trial lawyer from North Carolina, Sawyer uses real life experience to create relatable, sexy stories that appeal to a wide array of readers. From new adult to erotic contemporary romance, Sawyer writes something for just about everyone. 

Sawyer likes her Bloody Mary’s strong, her martinis dirty, and her heroes a combination of the two. When not bringing fictional romance to life, Sawyer is a chauffeur, stylist, chef, maid, and personal assistant to a very active toddler, as well as full-time servant to two adorably naughty dogs. She believes in the good of others, and that a bad day can be cured with a great work-out, cake, or a combination of the two. 


Find her online: Website | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

XOXO

A

No comments:

Post a Comment