Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Release blitz + Review: "Our options have changed" by Julia Kent and Elisa Reed


Authors: Julia Kent and Elisa Reed
Book 1 in series On hold
Main characters: Nick Grafton and Chloe Browne

Synopsis

Having it all is a fantasy, right?
 Chloe Browne knows all about fantasy. Fantasy is her job.
 And she’s very, very good at what she does.
 As director of design for the O Spa chain, a sophisticated women’s club that is trending its way into being the Next Big Thing, Chloe’s ready to take on the world.
 One baby at a time.
 Her home study’s done, and she’s about to adopt, a thirty-something single mother by choice. Who needs to put her life on hold for the right guy when the right baby is waiting for her?
 Besides, talk about fantasy.
 The right guy?
 Pfft. Right.
 And then in walks Nick Grafton, with those commanding sapphire eyes and wavy blonde hair and a sophisticated mouth that only smiles for her.
 He’s perfect.
 But the last thing Nick wants is to start fresh with a new baby as his college-age kids fly the coop. A single father for more than fifteen years after his wife walked out on her family, Nick finally tastes freedom.
 But he likes the taste of Chloe more.

I got an ARC of this book thanks to the sign up I discovered because of the recommendation from Penny Reid and my oh my... oh how grateful I am for her suggestion :) I am soooo in love with this book :) I think the last time I laughed so hard while reading was actually during one of Penny's book :) this story was absolutely stunning... one of the easiest 5 stars I ever gave :) not to mention that it was written in such a phenomenal way that I actually kept forgetting that TWO separate people wrote it :) which I think is one of the best compliments for co-authors I can give :) so be prepared for a glowing review full of excitement, because you all need to read it :)

So about that main couple... ;) Nick and Chloe were both so wonderful :) he was around 40 and Chloe a few years younger and that means that the majority of the time they acted like actual adults ;) which is not as often as one might want to see it in books ;) don't get me wrong, there were plenty of hilarious and unexpected turns of events along the way, but their attitudes were amazing throughout them all :) at the beginning, they are in two different points in their lives... Nick sent his last kid off to college and Chloe is on the brink of adopting a baby... but they can't deny that elusive "something more" between them after they met... and what an impression she made on him... ;) but I will leave that hilarious scene for you to discover during reading ;) I am in such a tough spot right now... because I really don't want to tell you too many details, so you'll go almost blindly into the book, ust the way I read it, without any expectations whatsoever... because then the awesomeness of the characters and the plot and... just... everything will be so much better :) but I do need to tell you something... ;) ok, so how about this? I loved that they seemed to be so different, and yet the more time they spent together, we could see the more things they actually have in common... or other sides of them... ;) not to mention that theirs is a very unique situation... ;) I feel like I'm a little bit all over the place with this review but I am still in awe and a bit of shock by how much I adored this book and how many times it took me by surprise... ;) and I think now I'm projecting all those feelings onto you ;) hopefully you'll be able to follow my thoughts :) I believe in you :)

Besides Chloe and Nick we have of course quite a lot secondary characters in this story :) there's Henry and Jemma, an already maried couple and great friends of Chloe... we have Amelie, Elodie and Jean-Marc a very... how shall I put it best... entertaining kids of Nick ;) and sooooo much more :) this diverse and huge cast of characters is another one of amazing qualities of this book that makes it a perfect read :) trust me, not ALL of them are good, but all of them play an important part in the overall plot :) some of those characters even got already their own books, but don't worry... this wonderful story works perfectly well as a standalone :) but it will make you fall in love with all those people and it definitely will make you curious enough to read all other books... ;)

I absolutely loved this book... seriously, I cannot think of one bad thing to say about it :) the writing style was phenomenal, I loved it from the very first chapter and it only got better and better along the way... :) the first half was simply hilarious... I don't remember when was the last time I laughed so hard... seriously.. .when I was reading it on the bus I almost fell off my seat ;) #TrueStory :) the second half was definitely more emotional, but still plenty funny as well... *sighs happily* I just loved this book so much :) I could write and write and then write some more about how amazing it wa, but I truly hope that at this point you guys trust me when I say that it's one of those must-read books that will make your day much better than it was before :) it's one of those stories that will put the biggest smile on your face ;) it definitely worked that way with me :)

I haven't done the quotes thing in quite some time, but this book had soooo many amazing gems that I just needed to share a few of them with you :) so here they are ;)

Some of Chloe's thoughts ;)
"A *C*? I'm that kid who never earned a C in her life. Failure starts with C. Okay, so technically it starts with F, and right now, another word that starts with F is coming out of my mouth as I read this secret shopper evaluation that is longer than my college senior honors thesis."

And some more from Chloe... I can relate to that ;)
"I was born without abdominal muscles. This has never been confirmed by any medical professional, but it's the only possible reason why I have executed tens of thousands of curl-ups in my lifetime with no visible result. None.
Jemma is lying on the mat next to mine, cradling a two-pound weight on her chest. She's not even pretending to move. If we pulled the mats outdoors on the roof deck, people would think we were tanning.
Hmm, not a bad idea. At least we would be accomplishing something."

Remember when I said that Chloe made quite an impression when she met Nick? well... this is part of that scene :)
"My secret power isn't secret anymore... two buttons of my shirtdress have come open. Black mesh corset on full display, one pink nipple fully visible. I pull my dress together. I wish I could pull myself together. My face is bright red, and red is not in the O corporate color palette.
'This is not the presentation I had in mind,' I blurt out. 'Normally, when I set out to give clients something they've never seen before, it's not quite like this.'"

Part of a conversation between Nick and Elodie :)
"She just sighs. Most of her tenth grade year involved nothing but sighs. I am fluent in Sigh. This one means *Shut Up*. Now that I think about it, they pretty much all mean *Shut Up*.
'How's Brandon?' I ask.
Elodie has been half-chasing, half-ignoring Brandon for the past six months. I pretend to rifle through my day's mail, giving her covert glances. If you look a young adult straight on while asking a question designed to elicit more than a *Shut Up* sigh, you will never get actual information out of them. You have to be an information ninja. Eye contact shuts down the speech center."




About the author -> Julia Kent:

New York Times and USA Today Bestselling Author Julia Kent writes romantic comedy with an edge. From billionaires to BBWs to new adult rock stars, Julia finds a sensual, goofy joy in every contemporary romance she writes. Unlike Shannon from Shopping for a Billionaire, she did not meet her husband after dropping her phone in a men's room toilet (and he isn't a billionaire).

She lives in New England with her husband and three sons in a household where the toilet seat is never, ever, down.

Find her online: Website | Facebook | Twitter

About the author -> Elisa Reed:

Elisa Reed is a journalist-turned-fiction-writer whose snappy,  irreverent prose combines with an irrepressible zest for the simpler, and often intimate, pleasures of life to produce fun(ny) contemporary romance with a focus on second chances.

New England born and bred, Elisa Reed now lives, writes, and plays in New Orleans and along the sugar sands of the Gulf Coast.

Find her online: Facebook

XOXO

A

No comments:

Post a Comment