Monday, September 5, 2016

Review: "Breaking him" by Sherilee Gray


Author: Sherilee Gray
Standalone
Main characters: Elijah "Eli" Hays and Abigail "Abi" Smith

I got my hands on the ARC of this story from the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review and I have to say that I'm surprised by how much I really enjoyed it :) I gave it 4,5 stars and I truly think it might have been a full 5 stars if the story would have been longer... because this book is more like a longer novella than a full lenght story, and because of that some things were missing for me... in fact, because of the lenght of the story, my review will be a bit shorter as well, because I don't want to spoil you all of the book ;) now that we have this little explanation out of the way, let me tell you a bit about the story itself, ok? ;)

I'm gonna start with our main couple... because there are of course some secondary characters in it, but none of them play a huge role in the story... so I'm just going to focus on Eli and Abi instead :) so Abi is taking care of her family farm all alone ever since her father died less than a year ago... and Eli is the only worker there... he takes care of the horses and does all sorts of other things... he's a very quiet person, and keeps people at a distance... which I can understand, especially if you take into consideration that everyone is afraid of him and think he's a monster... but he's more of a gentle giant... who can get pretty scary if the situation needs that :) he intrigued Abi for some time now so when one day something finally happened between them, it sort of opened the door for all sorts of... hot and steamy things... ;) I don't want to say too much, because the story is pretty short but... my oh my... *fans herself* be prepared to blush and squirm because this book is sexy as hell ;) let me tell you... once those doors are open... it is on... ;) not to mention that he calls her "darlin" and every time that happened I was just... *sighs dreamily* ;)

Since it's a shorter story, there's not much more happening than the romance between our main couple in it... don't get me wrong, I really liked it... I just think I would love it even more if it was longer... ;) I missed getting to know more about the past of both Eli and Abi... a few sentences here and there... it just wasn't enough :) but the interactions between them were... well, super hot obviously, but also surprisingly emotional and sweet at times as well :) the whole book was written from Abi's point of view and even though I absolutely loved it, I really would want to see Eli's perspective on things... :) since I enjoyed the writing style so much, and it was my very first story written by this author, I'm definitely looking forward to read her other work :) the story itself was short but really good... not to mention that it had such a lovely epilogue... so I definitely encourage you to give it a try... ;) you might be as surprised by how much you enjoyed it as I was ;) and I know I haven't given you much details... but I was vague on purpose... I really think it's better if you go into the story knowing less than more... :) just keep an open mind and enjoy the ride ;)

XOXO

A

No comments:

Post a Comment