Monday, September 12, 2016

Random ramblings of a bookworm ;) #30

Book detox
DNF-ing and raising standards
And
Future book hauls

Hello my awesome people :) can you believe that it's already my #RandomRamblings post #30?!? :) I can't believe it's been thirty weeks already :) anyway... :) this time we're gonna go with the order of the headlines so let me tell you about...

My book detox :) like I mentioned to you on more than one occasion lately, I've been coming closer and closer to that time, when I will finally catch up with all the ARCs that I have... and that day finally came last week :) *cue angels singing and all that jazz* ;) unfortunately for me as a reader, once I got there, I felt like I needed a break... so I decided to give myself a few days without any books whatsoever... *gasps* I know, I was shocked too ;) but I really needed a break... reading so much and with all the deadlines hanging over my head... it was tiring... *sighs* but it turned out, that I needed only a few days to make it all better :) so even though three days might not sound like much to you guys, for me it was a super long time without reading anything :) but I definitely needed it... because now I feel energized and ready to read all over again :) but this whole situation made me realize that I need some changes... and it's actually connected to the second part of the headlines...

Because after that break I had a not so good return to reading over the weekend... I DNF-ed two books in two days *sighs heavily* I really hate to do that... there is a reason why I always do quite a lot of research before accepting a book or singing up for one or just picking one up in general... I have too little time to read to waste it away on mediocre stories and annoying heroes or heroines... but sometimes I stumble upon such a book either way... and lately with my new job and everything, I REALLY don't have time to waste... so I decided to raise my standards a bit and instead of forcing myself to finish a bad book, or just a book that's not working for me, I will just stop reading it :) if that will be the case, this book will go on my DNF shelf on Goodreads, and it will be only there that you can read my very short review why I chose to abandon the book... I won't be posting it on my blog, because I don't like to concentrate on things I didn't like so if you ever want to check those books, you can find that shelf right -> here <- :) if the situation would be different and I'd had more time, I would probably power through and finish those books... but to be honest, I have too many amazing books on my tbr #BookMountain to waste my very limited time available for reading on something that does not hold my interest... if you happen to find on that shelf some books that you enjoyed, or even something that you absolutely loved, please don't hate on me... that's just my opinion :) if you loved the book, I'm really happy for you :) but it just wasn't my cup of tea :) #SorryNotSorry :)

And last but not least, let us finish with something super positive :) I got my first paycheck a few days ago and can you guess what I did first? if your answer was "buy books" then you are 100% correct :) I actually bought seven of them :) #NoRegrets ;) so you can definitely look forward to a little book haul when they will arrive :) not to mention that since I have a stable income now, this situation is definitely gonna keep repeating on a regular basis as well ;) I will just have to put some sort of limitation on myself, so I won't spend everything I have on books... no Anna, you can't spend ALL your income on books... you need food and stuff as well ;) #BookWormProblems ;) I'm sure you can understand my struggle ;)

Ok people, that's a wrap :) I hope you enjoyed my babbling this week :) and as always, you know how much I love interacting with you, so be sure to leave a comment here, on my Facebook page or Goodreads account :) I also have Instagram and Twitter accounts, but to be honest, I am not very active on there... I keep promising myself to remedy that situation, but day after day goes by and... oh well... ;) it WILL happen at some point ;)

XOXO

A

No comments:

Post a Comment