Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Review: "Wanting it all" by Christi Barth


Author: Christi Barth
Book 2 in series Naked men
Main characters: Knox Davies and Madison Abbott

I got the ARC of this book from the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review and I really enjoyed it :) don't be discouraged by the fact that it's the second book in a series, because it can totally be read as a standalone :) in fact, it was my first book written by this author, so you can trust me when I tell you that you will have no troubles getting all the connections and stuff ;) it was definitely a fun contemporary romance :) yes, there were small things that kept bothering me a bit throughout the whole book, but the writing style was so fantastic, that it wasn't too bad ;) so let me tell you a bit more about all my thoughts :)

I have to start with our main couple :) Knox is a genius :) and that's no joke... with super high IQ he's absolutely brilliant :) after surviving a very traumatic event with his friends when they were still in high school, the five of them are still super close after all these years, that they even live together :) but more about them later :) Knox has a problem with commitment... well, it's not really a problem, more of a situation where he clearly states that no woman can hold his attention for too long, so his "relationships" can be counted in days... but he's open and honest about all that, so it didn't really bother me... :) Madison on the other hand... ;) well, how to put it best... ;) Madison moved to D.C. with a plan... not only that, but it's a Grand Plan ;) capital letters and everything ;) it includes, among a few other things, finding a husband... :) and she's very determined to accomplish that :) and hey, I am all for making plans, lists and everything, but not like Madison... ;) not everything in life can be planned ahead so that you just check off points on your list... so there were moments during this story when her sticking to that plan and sheer stubborness about not admitting that maybe not everything have to go according to that, sometimes were tiring... there were moments when I felt like she was being too pushy, steamrolling a little bit other people opinions, especially Knox's about relationships... again, it's not like I wanted to smack her but it definitely irked me from time to time :) so when you mix these really different people together, you can expect sparks ;) and that attraction definitely was between them from the start :) especially since Madison actually is different than all of the other women that Knox met before her... ;) I loved her honesty and the way they were together :) they challenged and influenced each other to change :) and even though I would love to see a bit bigger change in Madison, I really enjoyed their romance :)

Now about some secondary characters :) so there's definitely the other four blood brothers :) Griffin (who actually is the hero of the previous book, the first one in this series), Josh, Riley and Logan :) Logan's book will actually be next, but I honestly have to say that I don't care about the order of them, because they are all so interesting and different, that I am curious about each and every one of them ;) they are definitely fun individually, but the best scenes are the group ones, when you can really see the banter and bonds between all of them :) besides the guys, there are of course a few lovely ladies in this book as well :) there's Chloe (Griffin's girlfriend), her friend Summer and my personal favourite, Annabeth :) she's cynical and sarcastic and I absolutely adored her :) hopefully, she will get her own book :) I am torn if I would prefer to see her with one of the guys or someone new ;) I guess we will discover that in the future ;)

All in all I truly enjoyed this book :) the writing style was definitely my favourite part :) even though there were parts that irritated me a little... mainly Madison and her everyone-wants-to-get-married-just-not-everyone-knows-it-yet opinion... *sighs* we are all different for a reason, and maybe that's why it kept bugging me about her... how she kept pushing her opinions on other people... again, mainly on Knox about relationships... but besides that I've had so much fun reading this book that I will definitely go back and check not only other stories written by this author, but specifically the first book in this series... and of course, I will keep an eye out for the next installment :) because her writing style was so entertaining, with a bunch of diverse characters, that I'm thinking my issues with this book were based purely on my personal preferences as a reader, and I will enjoy another couple even more :) but don't get me wrong, I can wholeheartedly recommend you this book :) it was hilarious and endearing and such a quick read :) I think that a lot of you will absolutely fall in love with it :)

XOXO

A

No comments:

Post a Comment