Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Review: "Resonance" by Nelou Keramati


Author: Nelou Keramati
Title: "Resonance"
Book 1 in series The fray theory
Main character: Neve Knightly

I got the ARC of this amazing book from the author in exchange for an honest review and I absolutely fell in love with it :) it was so unique... so original... GAH!!! :) the more time passes from me finishing this book, the more I'm falling in love with it :) which is very fortunate, because the author herself is simply lovely and it's my absolute pleasure to do my best to convince you to try this phenomenal story :) and did you know that she herself is responsible for that fantastic cover? :) a woman of many talents... I'm just saying ;) ok, now let's get to some more details about the book itself, shall we? :)

I am actually having troubles, deciding how much to tell you :) because the synopsis is a bit mysterious, and after reading the book, I truly believe it's better if you know less than more about it :) but I'll do my best to give you something :) ok, so the story follows Neve, a young student with some very unique qualities about her... I don't want to give too much away, but part of it is connected to her dreams... ;) we meet her in the prologue, where she is involved in an... incident, and then we go back a few weeks, to learn what lead to that event :) I know I'm being vague, but it's absolutely on purpose :) trust me, it's really better this way :) I really liked her as a main character :) she was smart and did the best she could under the circumstances she was in... again, I would love to tell you more about why I loved her so much, but unfortunately it would involve quite a few spoilers, so my few words are just gonna have to be enough ;) besides her, there were of course quite a few secondary characters in this book :) but I need to, and actually can mention to you by name just two of them :) I don't want to spoil you people who turn out to be important, because not everything is as obvious as you might think at the beginning ;) but sssshhh... that's all I'm saying :) now back to those two people I can tell you a bit more :) so we have Dylan and Romer :) Dylan was the love of her life, who very mysteriously vanished more than three years ago... dun dun duuuunnnn... :) sorry, but the moment needed a dramatic music interruption ;) now he's back, but both of them are different people... how much of the feelings are still there? well, you know I can't answer that ;) and then there's Romer :) he was Dylan's best friend, but his disappearance and the whole situation connected to that, was actually the reason why Romer was where he was during those three years :) again, I know I'm being cryptic, but you don't want to be spoiled, so no complaining please ;) they were both very interesting, and I can't wait to know even more about them, but if I had to choose, I'd say that there's somathing about Romer that stole my heart :) and once again, I would love to tell you more, but I can only say that both of them have some very interesting stories, and I wish I had the sequel already in my hands so I could get to know them more :) all three of them are different than the rest of us... we learn in this book a little bit more why they are the way they are, and what exactly that means... but all I can tease you now is that the title of the book and the whole series is definitely important :)

Ok, so instead of focusing on all the stuff I can't tell you about... because let's not kid ourselves, that's the majority of the informations about the book itself, the story and characters :) I will instead concentrate on all my feelings and thoughts after I finished it :) long story short... I loved it :) I think that the best part of this book is the writing style... I am still in awe that it's a debut novel :) it was so stunning, so unique and one of a kind... Nelou has an amazing ability to paint pictures with her words... the way she creates scenes, and takes us throughout this story is absolutely breathtaking... :) the last time I was feeling this way was when I read Shatter me series by Tahereh Mafi :) don't get me wrong, by any means I am not saying she has a similar writing style :) quite the opposite :) but the feelings I got after reading this story... the way I was transported into the pages of the book, right into the action... the way I was immersed in it... the way I fell in love with the characters... it all reminded me how I fell in love with that other series... which is a very good sign, since it became one of my all time favourites :) so now I have a very good feeling about this one as well :) I know that originally it was supposed to be a trilogy, but now I know that there will be at least four books in total, maybe even more :) *squeels with excitement* :) the whole idea for this story, the explanations and how it's all connected to one another is absolutely brilliant :) I can't tell you of course what it is, but it's fantastic :) we get only a little bit here, but those glimpses and teasers made me only that much more curious to know more :) this book is a phenomenal start to a new series and I cannot wait to see where the lovely Nelou will take us with this story :) I definitely recommend it to you, especially if you are looking for something different :) but be sure to reserve an afternoon or an evening for this story... because once you start it, the best way to enjoy it fully, is to completely immerse yourselves in this beautifully crafted novel :)

XOXO

A

No comments:

Post a Comment