Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Review: "Searching for Harmony" by Kelly Elliott


Author: Kelly Elliott
Standalone
Main characters: Preston Ward and Harmony Banks

I got the ARC of this book from the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review and I quite enjoyed it... :) yeah, I had some problems with it, but nothing really major... ;) it was more connected to my personal preferences as a reader ;) but I absolutely loved the writing style and will definitely check other books from this author :) so let me tell you a little bit more about the story :)

I'm gonna start with the main characters :) both Harmony and Preston are in their early twenties... and I think that some of my problems with them were connected solely to that fact... that they are actually both very young... so some misscommunications and angst are usually connected to that ;) but that one thing aside, I really loved them... even though they met under very tragic circumstances... Harmony is in a car accident and Preston is one of the firefighters responding to that call... I don't want to say too much about that whole situation, because not much is actually explained in the synopsis, and I don't want to spoil you... it really packs more of an emotional punch, if you know less than more :) but what I can say is that after that event, after a few months, they meet again... and it's really hard to ignore that connection between them.. but because of many different reasons, they start as friends... until that connection takes over ;) sorry for being vague, but I can't really say anything more without spoilers sooo... maybe let me share something else with you ;) I absolutely loved the interactions between Preston and Harmony... the longer they knew each other, the better they were... :) and even though sometimes they did something that irritated me... because usually a lot of drama could be avoided if people just talk to each other... using words and everything... ;) I can't help but understand where they were coming from, so ultimately I forgave them... ;)

Besides the main couple, there were actually quite a lot of secondary characters... and I'm gonna tell you a bit more about the ones I really loved :) so we have Jake, Harmony's older brother... he was protective and supportive and just... so wonderful... and he has a few scenes, especially towards the end of the book, that made me really happy ;) besides him I need to mention practically the whole family of Preston... I mean... his parents, two brothers and especially younger sister... they were amazing :) I adored every scene they were in, and the more members in one, the better ;) they were just such a vibrant and fun group, and I definitely wouldn't mind read a story about some of them ;)

Overall I really enjoyed this book ;) even though some things bothered me a little, who am I really to judge how people handle tragic events in their lives or how much time they need to overcome them... the writing style was phenomenal :) the whole book was told from two perspectives, so we got to see inside the minds of our main couple, and I always like that in books... I had no big problems with Harmony or Preston... actually, the more I read about them, the more I understood where some of the things they did came from... :) so if you are looking for a lovely and emotional story of two people finding each other under very unusual circumstances, with the writing style that will keep you glued to the pages, definitely give this little gem a try ;)

XOXO

A

No comments:

Post a Comment