Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Review: "Rock wedding" by Nalini Singh


Author: Nalini Singh
Book 4 in series Rock kiss
Main characters: Abraham "Abe" Bellamy and Sarah Smith

You have no idea how happy I was, when I got an ARC of this wonderful story from the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review :) not only because Nalini is one of my all time favourite authors, but also because it gave me a good excuse to read it now :) otherwise, with all other ARCs I need to get through, I'm afraid it might've taken me a few weeks to get to it... *gasps* ;) I may have been so overwhelmed with joy, that not only I read it very quickly, but I also sort of forgot to pick out quotes for you guys... *hangs head in shame* I know, I know... but I am blaming Nalini and her phenomenal writing... once I started this story I was so immersed in it, that everything else sort of faded in the background... ;) so I hope you'll forgive me :) and to those of you who are new to her and / or this series, don't be discouraged by the fact that it's book #4, because it works as a standalone as well :) and now let me tell you more about this fantastic book :)

Abe is the keybord player and the last single member of the famous rock band, Schoolboy Choir ;) he and Sarah actually have been married before, and at the beginning of the book we see how horrible he was to her... yes, he was high and / or drunk most of the time, but that's not really an excuse... he treated her awfully and it broke my heart to see it... after those heartbreaking few chapters, we skip ahead a few years, so the story can catch up to the events of the rest of this series... but like I mentioned before, everything you need to know about the main couple, is in this story :) both Abe and Sarah have quite a past behind them... and thanks to those first few chapters, you can really see how both of them changed... how much different they are now, after everything that happened not only between them, but also individually to them in the time they were apart... I don't want to get into too many details, because that would spoil you some stuff, and I really think it's better if you know less than more going into this book... originally it was supposed to be a novella, but I am very grateful that it the process, it transformed into a full lenght novel, because it was a beautiful and incredibly emotional second chance romance... *sighs* their story really hit me in all the feels... and definitely made me shed a tear or two... and believe me, it included a surprise or two I definitely did not see coming ;) I know I am being very vague right now, but it's totally on purpose :) so you can immerse yourselves in this story just like I did :)

Besides the emotional but heartwarming story about Abe and Sarah, this book feels like such a perfect epilogue to all other couples we met in this series :) because there are weddings people... plural and everything ;) but that is all I'm gonna say :) so we have all other band mates, Fox, the main singer and his lovely Molly :) David, the drummer, and his fierce Thea and of course Noah, the guitarist and the glamorous Kit :) we also get an appearance from Charlie, Molly's best friend, and her T-Rex ;) don't worry, if you haven't read all of their stories, you will still enjoy all those scenes with them... but I think they might inspire you to go back and read all the rest of the books ;) besides all of the people we know and love, I have to mention one more person, Diane, Abe's mom :) she was absolutely wonderful :) only in a few scenes, each time her presence meant a lot :) there were of course a few more, but I gotta leave you some surprises, right? ;) but all the connections between them, friendships and bonds... were such a lovely thing to read about... :)

This book was absolutely beautiful :) it reads like an epilogue to the whole series, but worry not, there will be more... ;) to those of you who follow Nalini, you guys already know who is next in line ;) to the rest of you, I'll let you discover that on your own, because after you finish the book, there are a few words from the lovely author herself explaining the future of the series :) I did not expect this book to be this emotional... well, I knew it would be an emotional read, because there were some hints in previous books, so I kind of new what the tone would be... but what I did not expect, is the way this story hit me... in all... the... feels... :) look, Nalini Singh is one of my all time favourite authors, so I always remember that her writing style is fantastic... but between the books, when I wait for the new one to be published, I think I purposefully forget all the little details that make me love her books... because otherwise the wait would be horrible... :) so every time I read one of her stories, I'm surprised by how much I adore it :) sure, there are books or couples that I like a bit less, and some of them that will forever have a piece of my heart, but I love them all ;) and this one... this emotional journey of two people who both survived a lot... but found a way to each other again... *sighs dreamily* it really warmed my heart... I inhaled it very quickly and now I can wholeheartedly recommend it for you guys, whether you are a fan of her or you're brand new to her books, definitely check out this beautiful gem :)

XOXO

A

No comments:

Post a Comment