Monday, July 25, 2016

Random ramblings of a bookworm ;) #23

Twitter and Instagram
Quotes or no quotes
And
Finally going to see the new Star Trek movie

Welcome my lovely people in this week's edition of my #RandomRamblings post :) I have some very interesting news to share with you and then of course some updates and all sorts of random things, like I talk about every week ;) and this time, again, we'll go with the order of the headlines... ;) I know, shocking... ;) I live to surprise you guys ;)

Ok, so first and foremost I started two new social media accounts connected to my blog... because apparently all the stuff I had so far was not enough... ;) I launched them a few days ago and I'm still discovering a lot of details about both of them, so be patient with me ;) so far Instagram is something I'm definitely enjoying more :) because it's really hard to be witty and clever in 140 characters or less ;) and you all know how much I love to ramble on about stuff... ;) but worry not, I'm gonna work on my #TwitterGame ;) I would love to connect with you guys there, so be sure to check out my accounts :) you can always find the links in the "ways to contact me" part of my blog (on the right when you view my blog on a computer), but I know that the mobile version looks different, so I'll post links to those new accounts here for you as well: Instagram and Twitter :)

The other thing I wanted to talk to you guys about are quotes in my reviews :) at the beginning of my blog I didn't include them... but with time, I figured that it's actually a pretty good way to show you a little glimpse into the story, interactions between different characters and the writing style of the book... if you ask me, I can't remember how exactly it started, I just know that it did ;) and for quite some time I had quotes with every review... but the more books I was reading, the more complex the situation became... :) let me explain :) there were books when I really had to struggle to find a few quotes, and not because the writing style was awful... sometimes the story was just written in a way, that it was hard to just pick a short fragment of a conversation, because either it would not make sense without a context or a really long explanation, or the content of that, although beautiful, would be too spoilerific... :) and I had one moment of clarity, when it hit me... I don't HAVE TO have quotes in every review... yeah, my style of writing them evolved and I love to include them... but it's not a necessity :) so I decided to just not worry about finding them every single time... it's not like there's #QuotePolice ;) don't get me wrong, I always have my eyes on the lookout for some fun quotes to share with you, but I don't stress over it, if I don't find them ;)

And last but definitely not least... I am going to see "Star trek beyond" later today :) it's one of my highly anticipated summer movies so I am very excited :) me and my sister J even re-watched the two previous movies during last weekend, to get in the right mood before this one :) say what you want, but it's exactly the kind of a movie that I love to see on the big screen :) if you don't know what it's about, I have for you a trailer right here ;)


That's a wrap people... I know, it was a little bit shorter, but I will make it up to you next week... ;) because that next #RandomRamblings post is gonna be very special for quite a few reasons... but ssshhhh... ;) all of the details are a secret at this point... ;) as always, you know how much I love to interact with you guys, so be sure to reach out to me, you have quite a few options now... ;) there's FacebookInstagramTwitter and Goodreads :) hope to find you there ;)

XOXO

A

No comments:

Post a Comment