Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Blog tour + Review: "Aced" by Ella Frank and Brooke Blaine



Synopsis

Ace Locke is Hollywood’s hottest action hero. Women across the globe fling their panties in his direction, but Ace isn’t interested in those—he’s more of a boxer briefs kind of guy. Specifically, those of the nearly naked male model on a billboard he drives past every day.

Though he recently made headlines for his public coming out, Ace is wary about pursuing a relationship, fearing what the court of public opinion will do to his career. But there’s something in the model’s expression that intrigues him and has him wondering what if?

Dylan Prescott just scored his biggest modeling campaign yet. One that has him plastered all over L.A. in not much more than what he was born with. And when he’s cast in Ace’s latest blockbuster, it puts him in close proximity to his ultimate fantasy.

Outwardly confident, Dylan has no problem with his sexuality or his pretty-boy looks, and uses both to his advantage to get what he wants. And what he wants is the impossible—Ace Locke.

From Ella Frank’s Sunset Cove series and Brooke Blaine’s L.A. Liaisons series comes a scorchingly hot novel that blends humor, passion, and romance. 

What happens when these two worlds collide?


Authors: Ella Frank and Brooke Blaine
Title: "Aced"
Book 1 in series PresLocke
Main characters: Ace Locke and Dylan Prescott

I got my hands on the ARC of this book and absolutely loved it :) but before I go into a bit more details why I had so much fun with it, I need to mention one thing... this is just half of their story... :) "Locked", what I think will be the conclusion, goes out in august, so it's not like you'll have to wait forever to get to know what happens next ;) I just wanted to put that information out there, since it took me a little by surprise... I was reading and then it was like "WHAT?!? What do you mean it's the end... where's the rest of the story?" ;) ok, now that you've been warned, let me get back to telling you all about how much I loved this book :)

I'm gonna start with the main couple... *sighs happily* Ace is a big movie star... he's in his early thirties and he recently came out as gay... and to be honest this whole situation is still difficult for him... mainly because of all the paparazzi following him everywhere he goes... and then at the beginning of his new movie he meets Dylan... *double sigh* a certain model from a certain and very memorable billboard... ;) he is definitely much more comfortable with his sexuality... ;) he's open and charming and talkative... and by that I mean that he barely has any filter on his mouth... and I absolutely loved that about him... that is also the main reason why there will be no quotes in my review... believe me, the writing style was phenomenal, but I can't put those quotes here *blushing* you'll understand once you read it ;) I loved both of them... :) even though Dylan definitely charmed his way into my heart a bit more, I adored Ace as well... especially once he started to trust Dylan a bit more and open up to him...

Besides them, there were of course quite a few secondary characters present in this story... :) it was the first book witten by either of those lovely authors that I've read, but after doing a quick research I can already tell you that some of those people came from their individual work... ;) and apparently both Ace and Dylan appeared previously in their books as well :) but don't worry :) if you are new to their stories, just like me :) you're still gonna enjoy it and understand all the connections... ;) but if you know their books, I'm assuming that all those little scenes will be that much better for you ;) but I want to focus on Dylan's parents :) Sunshine and Ziggy... I kid you not :) they are both hilarious and very open... :) and even though they were only in a few short scenes, I am totally hoping for more in that second book :)

Since this is just part of the story of Ace and Dylan, I am more that eagerly anticipating that second book... ;) because there were some things only mentioned here that I need to know more about... for example... Dylan's past... there is much more there... I won't of course spoil you anything... there really isn't much to spoil yet, but... I will just say this... once you finish this book you are going to start counting the days to that second book immediately ;) I absolutely loved the writing style of the story... we have 2 POVs, which is always a plus for me ;) it was hilarious and hot as hell... I mean... like melting-your-kindle-taking-a-break-while-you-are-reading hot ;) *fans myself* you've been warned ;) but it was also surprisingly sweet... here I was, reading, blushing and laughing out loud and then BAM!!! it hit me in the feels... ;) there were quite a few lovely and vulnerable scenes in there as well :) it was such an entertaining mix of sexy and sweet... I did not expect that from this book to be honest :) and now I have two new authors to check, because I'm curious about their work based on what I read here :) so if you are looking for a sizzlingly hot romance that will melt your heart in unexpected moments, definitely pick this gem up ;)



Amazon US
Amazon UK

a Rafflecopter giveaway About the author -> Ella Frank:

Ella Frank is the author of the #1 Bestselling Temptation series, including Try, Take, and Trust and is the co-author of the fan-favorite erotic serial, Sex Addict. Her Exquisite series has been praised as “scorching hot!” and “enticingly sexy!”

A life-long fan of the romance genre, Ella writes contemporary and erotic fiction and lives with her husband in Portland, OR.

Find her online: Website | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Goodreads

About the author -> Brooke Blaine:

You could say Brooke Blaine was a book-a-holic from the time she knew how to read; she used to tell her mother that curling up with one at 4 a.m. before elementary school was her 'quiet time.' Not much has changed except for the espresso I.V. pump she now carries around and the size of her onesie pajamas.

Brooke enjoys writing sassy contemporary romance, whether in the form of comedy, suspense, or erotica. The latter has scarred her conservative Southern family for life, bless their hearts.

If you'd like to get in touch with her, she's easy to find - just keep an ear out for the Rick Astley ringtone that's dominated her cell phone for ten years.

Find her online: Website | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Goodreads

XOXO

A

No comments:

Post a Comment