Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Review: "Kindred demon" by RaShelle Workman


Book 1 in series Undercover empath
Main character: Rose Hansen

I received an ARC of this book from the publisher in exchange for my honest review and I have to say that I'm intrigued ;) initially I requested it, because it sounded pretty cool... ;) I mean, paranormal vibes, a heroine with special abilities plus bunch of sexy guys... sounds good to me ;) and I'm really glad I did it, cause I thoroughly enjoyed this story... :) it was my first book written by this author, but it definitely made me curious about her other work :) but for now, let me tell you why I liked this particular story ;) although if I'm being honest, I can't really tell you too much because of all the spoilers... ;) so I hope you'll forgive my a little bit shorter than usual review :) make no mistakes, I really liked the book :)

So we have Rose, our main character, who is a detective in a small and very peculiar little town close to Los Angeles... and when I say peculiar I mean... there is definitely something more going on in there... or at least with some of the citizens... ;) from the very first chapter we are basically thrown into the story and a lot of things happen in a very short amount of time... :) I mean, not only do we have a serial killer on the loose, but there are also other cases... plus introducing a whole lot of characters... I needed time to wrap my head around all those details... ;) but once you sort of decide to "go with the flow" it's easier :) besides Rose, and her cat, Fluffy Fantastico... ;) I kid you not ;) we have three, kind of important guys :) there's Jack, her partner on the force and ex-boyfriend... Vincent, a special agent who comes to work on the serial killer case... and Aaron, a shirtless and mysterious guy who appears and vanishes as he pleases... ;) don't worry, I'm not gonna say anything else about them, so no spoilers from me :) and that's pretty much everything I can tell you about this story... ;) because it's sort of short, and like I mentioned before, there is a lot going on from the very beginning, so all other informations would ruin the fun of you discovering stuff on your own ;) so instead of concentrating on the things I can't tell you about, let me share with you my thoughts and overall opinions about this story :)

I really enjoyed this book :) the writing was really good, so chapters just flew by ;) although to be honest I would love it more if we would get at least some answers... ;) don't get me wrong, the case of that serial killer is solved and everything, but all those glimpses and teasers about certain people and events only made me curious... and then BAM! the book ended and I still don't know basically anything ;) but since I'm assuming it's only the first chapter of a bigger story, I hope we do get to know more in future installments :) I liked Rose as the main character, but to be honest I am more intrigued by some other people mentioned in this story... :) I don't want to tell you the names, because it's not so obvious from the start, and I want you to be able to draw your own conclusions... ;) so if you are looking for a story full of action, interesting characters and paranormal vibes, definitely give this one a try ;)

XOXO

A

No comments:

Post a Comment