Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Release blitz + Review: "Saving a legend" by Sarah Robinson


Book 2 in series Kavanagh legends 
Main characters: Kieran Kavanagh and Fiona "Fi" Doherty

Synopsis

Praised by Penelope Ward as “a unique story line with multiple layers to it,” Sarah Robinson’s Saving a Legend goes another round with the brooding Kavanagh brothers: MMA fighters who won’t call it quits in the ring, or in romance.

His family’s gym has produced a roster of mixed martial arts legends, but so far Kieran Kavanagh hasn’t followed in their footsteps. After a brawl lands him in jail, Kieran is assigned to work at a center for at-risk youth. Though given a second chance, Kieran’s simply going through the motions—until he meets one very special kid, Shea Doherty, and falls hard for her very beautiful, very grown-up big sister, Fiona. The trouble is, Kieran’s best opening moves are getting him nowhere fast. 

Fiona Doherty has too many responsibilities to fool around, especially now that she has custody of Shea. Sure, she’d love to find a devoted partner. But she won’t jeopardize her sister’s happiness—or risk revealing her tortured past—on a love-’em-and-leave-’em type of guy like Kieran . . . so it’s up to him to prove her wrong. As Fiona spends more time with Kieran, she starts to see a softer side of the reckless warrior. Now she must admit that when it comes to the possibility of real love, well . . . there’s a fighting chance.

I received and ARC of this book from the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review and you guys... I have discovered a new amazing author :) I couldn't be more excited :) don't you just love it, when you try out a brand new book, without any expectations whatsoever, and then it turns out to be fantastic? :) it's my favourite kind of surprise :) I have so many good things to say about this book... ;) but I don't want to just babble about all of it, so let me try to put all my chaos into order... "try" is the key word in that sentence ;) and even though it's a second book in a series, you can read it as a standalone as well :) but I do need to warn you, once you get to know all of the members of that family, you're gonna want to read everything else :)

Ok, so first of all, our main couple :) Kieran is in his twenties, and just got released from prison, after spending there two years... long story short, he was involved in some illegal fighting ring... he was much more irresponsible and wild before, but know he's more serious, focused and determined to rebuilt his life :) his also part of an amazing and huge irish family, but I will get to them and why I love them all and need all other books ASAP in a moment ;) as part of his parole he is assigned to work in a youth center, where he meets Shea :) and Shea is this sweet, 8-year-old autistic girl and at this moment I need to say, that it really shows that the author did not treat this topic lightly or skimmed around it... at the very beginning of this book, there is a foreword, that explains how hard she tried to portray Shea as realisticly as she could... and I admire her honesty about it, and applaud how in a thoughtful way she was able to write about her :) Fiona is her older sister and legal guardian :) she owns a flower shop and does her best to suppert her sister... she battles issues of her own, but since the whole story is discovered a little bit further in the book, I won't spoil you right now ;) when they meet, like two days after he's released, she catches his eye immediately :) and learning about Shea absolutely does not change his mind... he actually have a very special relationship with her as well :) Fi at first fights the connection she has with Kieran... and that's even besides the fact that they both keep secrets from each other... but I can understand the reasons behind that, so I forgave them for that :) there is a lot of stuff happening in a short amount of time, and again, I can't dive into what exactly that is, because it's definitely better to just learn along the way :) but I loved how the connection between them grew in that short but intense time :) I absolutely adored how relentless he was in flirting with her and getting her to admit the truth about that chemistry ;) I definitely wouldn't last as long as she did ;)

Now let me tell you a bit more about that whole Kavanagh family :) *sighs happily* I am in love :) it's this big, irish, loving and nosy family :) we have Seamus and Dee, the parents :) then there are five brothers :) Rory with his Clare, the main couple from the first book and I soooo need to read that story soon :) there's no spoilers here, only a little tease here and there that they had their own journey to come together :) then we have Kieran and Kane, twins :) and Kane's story is next... and since there are little teasers throughout this story about his heroine... I definitely can't wait for that one :) and of course we also have Quinn with all his tattoos and Jimmy, the youngest one and a police officer :) and we can't forget about Casey :) she's the youngest one and technically their cousin, but they adopted her when she was four, so she grew up as their youngest sister :) and I can assure you at this moment, each of the sibling will get their own book... and I can't wait to read them all :) if I could, I would do it right now, but unfortunately, we have only those two available at the moment :) I absolutely loved the interactions between the members of that family :) it was loving and honest and their banter was phenomenal :) besides all of them I need to mention one more person :) Nora is Fi's best friend and I immediately liked her :) she's this no-nonsense woman who knows exactly what she wants and is not afraid to say it :) fingers crossed that my thoughts are correct and she will end up with one of the brothers... and I have a feeling about that... ;) but ssssshhhhhh... not a word more about that from me ;)

I absolutely adored this book... I know, I know... ;) cause apparently I haven't said that enough already ;) but it was so good, that it's need repeating ;) I loved the writing style, the connections and bonds between characters... and I definitely don't mean only between our main couple :) the relationships in the Kavanagh family, not always perfect and nice, but filled with love and care... and we can't forget about Fiona and Shea... how hard Fi tries to provide for her little sister... the friendships, the banter between different people, how they open up to each other... it was such a pleasure to read :) not to mention that besides this more fun and romantic stuff, this book definitely had some much more emotional and sad moments... I may have even teared up a little... I can wholeheartedly recommend this fantastic read to all of you :) and personally I can't wait to read something more written by this author... especially when it will involve a character named Kavanagh ;)

I have just a few quotes to give you a little taste of all the awesomeness that awaits you in this phenomenal book :) just remember, since they come from the ARC version of it, the finished one might be slightly different :) I would put more, but they were either way too long or just too spoilerefic, so these few will have to be enough for now ;) happy reading ;)

Part of the very first ever conversation between Kieran and Fi ;)
"'I need a bouquet,' he announced, forcing himself not to reach out and run his fingers through her long brown hair, which fell in thick waves just past her shoulders. Because that wouldn't be creepy or anything, he thought, and wondered if two years in prison could have stunted his game.
'Sure, a bouquet of what?'
'Flowers.'
Kieran wanted to grab the word as soon as it left his mouth, realizing how juvenile he sounded. His game was definitely lacking."

Part of a conversation when Nora finds out about Kane, Kieran's twin brother ;)
"Nora's eyes looked like they were going to fall out of her head. 'Oh my God! I can't believe it. Holy shit, there are two of you. Holy shit, I can't stop saying holy shit.' Nora babbled on, looking from one brother to the other as she gulped down the remainder of her cocktail. 'I'm sorry.'
'Nothing to be sorry about, baby. I've been known to make a lot of women scream out to His Holiness before.' Kane grinned, eyeing Nora up and down. 'I'd be more than happy to keep you screaming all night, gorgeous.'
Nora sighed so loud, you'd think she just found out her puppy died. 'Damn, it had to go and speak. And it had been doing so well before it opened its mouth.'"

I usually don't put quotes like this in my reviews, but this one was so lovely that I had to :) a little bit of Kieran :)
"He lifted her hand to his lips and gently kissed the backs of her fingers, never breaking eye contact. There was nothing overtly sensual about what he was doing. He used his lips against her knuckles, down the back of her hand, and to her wrist to plant small kisses that were as sweet as they were meaningful. Through his movements, he cherished and adored her in a way he was sure she needed - a way that told her she was needed."

A little bit of banter in the Kavanagh famnily ;)
"'Kieran, I met your girlfriend yesterday,' Casey said, piling a mess of disheveled papers into a single stack. 'She's so pretty. I like her.'
'She's not my girlfriend.' A fact he was doing everything he could to change.
Casey rolled her eyes, tapping the bottom of the papers against the counter. 'Yeah, she gave me the same song and dance, too.'
'How did Casey get an introduction before I did? You're a shitty twin,' Kane complained, kneeling down to retie one of his shoes.
'You've already met her,' Kieran reminded him.
'Yeah, but that was before you were planting seeds in her garden.' Standing, Kane crossed his arms over his chest and grinned, obviously proud of his analogy."

Be sure to grab this amazing story :) I even have all the links ready for you ;)


About the author:


Sarah Robinson is the bestselling author of the Kavanagh Legends series, The Photographer Trilogy, and the Sand & Clay rock star series. A native of Washington, D.C., Robinson has both her bachelor’s and master’s degrees in criminal psychology. She is married to a local police officer who is just as much of an animal rescue enthusiast as she is. Together, they own a zoo of rescue and foster animals.

Find her online: Website | Facebook | Twittter

XOXO

A

No comments:

Post a Comment