Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Release blitz + Review: "Sugar daddy" by Sawyer Bennett


Book 1 in series Sugar bowl
Main characters: Beckett "Beck" North and Sela Halstead

Synopsis



Sela Halstead lost her innocence in a way that no sixteen-year-old should ever have to endure. She’s spent years trying to forget that night even while wondering about the identities of the monsters who brutalized her—until a telltale tattoo flashes across Sela’s TV screen. The incriminating ink belongs to Jonathon Townsend, the millionaire founder of The Sugar Bowl, a website that matches rich older men with impressionable young women. Obsessed with revenge, Sela infiltrates Townsend’s world, only to come face-to-face with a tantalizing complication: Beckett North, his charismatic business partner.

The tech mastermind behind The Sugar Bowl, Beck always gets what he wants, in business and in bed. And yet, for a man who’s done every dirty thing imaginable, there’s something about the na├»ve, fresh-faced Sela that sparks his hottest fantasies. Because with her, it’s not just about sex. Beck opens up to her in ways he never has with other girls. So why does he get the feeling that she’s hiding something? In a world of pleasure and power, the shocking truth could turn them against each other—or bind them forever. 


I got the ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review and I have to say that I did not expect to enjoy it as much as I did :) let my explain :) I fell in love with Sawyer Bennett and her writing style after reading most of her Cold Fury hockey series :) so when I saw the opportunity to get my hands on an ARC of another book written by her I signed up immediately :) plus, that cover is truly gorgeous... :) it does ends with a cliffhanger though, but there are warnings about it, so you can prepare yourself... although my knowledge about that impending cliffhanger did not ease my pain of not having the sequel in my hands right away... :) but no worries, you don't have to wait years for it... second part of this story is gonna be published in august, with the conclusion to the trilogy going live in october :) at least according to Goodreads ;) there were definitely things that I loved about this book, but also things that I had troubles with... but I will get to all of that in my review... so let's start, shall we? :)

First of all, I feel the need to warn you... don't be fooled by that pretty cover... this is not a sweet, innocent story... it's actually much darker and definitely much hotter than I expected going into it... let me tell you why... Sela went through something very traumatic as a young girl... she was raped around the age of sixteen and now, ten years later, she still has trust and intimacy issues... one day she sees on TV a familiar tattoo on Jonathon "JT" Townsend, the co-creator of The Sugar Bowl, a... let's call it a "match-making website" designed to cater to a certain type of people... and she recognizes him as one of her tormentor... that event leads to her coming up with a plan of revenge... flash forward to six months later, when she unsuccessfully tries to get close to JT and later that night meets Beck, his business partner and co-creator of The Sugar Bowl... I can't go into too many details, because I don't want to spoil you some pretty important things, but I will say that their relationship, if I can even call it that, burns fast and bright... it starts as a way for her to get closer to JT and achieve her goal, but it turns into something more... although to be honest I had problems with how fast their relationship was going... this insta-lust and all sort of other thigns that went with it, and no, I can't be more specific because of spoilers... felt like a little bit too-much-too-fast kind of a situation... especially with her past... it kept bothering me in the back of my mind... but once I sort of accepted it and moved on, it got better ;) I really enjoyed Sela and Beck as main characters of this story and I am looking forward to future installments, so I can get to know them more... because there are definitely some things hiding deeper in both of them that I need to see in the light of day... or to be more precise, on the screen of my kindle :) there is not much more characters beside them in this story, at least not ones that matter in the longer run, except for JT... and I really hated him... not as in he was horribly written by Sawyer Bennett, but as in he was a truly awful human being... he was sleazy, but in a very sneaky way... he could be charming when he wanted, but I just felt the need to do very nasty things to him throughout the whole book... and definitely not in a "naughty" way, but in a push-you-down-the-stairs way... I really hope he's gonna get what he deserves...

Overall it was a really good book... a very addictive introduction to this story and I can't wait to know more about it :) especially after that ending... <sighs heavily> I loved the main characters and I'm really looking forward to seeing them grow in future installments... the writing style was definitely fantastic, but I expected nothing less from Sawyer Bennett :) she has a way of creating stories, people and connections between them that just keeps you glued to the pages... even if you don't always agree or understand why they are doing what they're doing, you can't complain about the writing... :) especially since we have 2 POVs in this book :) so we do get to see perspectives of both main characters... and you know how big of a fan I am of that :) so if you want a thrilling and hot as hell rollercoaster ride that will leave you desperately wanting more, definitely pick up this little gem :)

If you want to one click this book, I have all the necessary links right here :)

Kobo 

About the author:



New York Times bestselling author Sawyer Bennett is a snarky Southern woman and reformed trial lawyer who decided to finally start putting on paper all of the stories that were floating in her head. Her husband works for a Fortune 100 company that lets him fly all over the world while she stays at home with their daughter and three big, furry dogs who hog the bed. Bennett would like to report that she doesn’t have many weaknesses but can be bribed with a nominal amount of milk chocolate.

Find her online: WebsiteFacebook | Twitter

XOXO

A

No comments:

Post a Comment