Thursday, May 26, 2016

Release blitz + Review: "Lost" by Carrie Aarons


Author: Carrie Aarons
Title: "Lost"
Book 1 in Captive heart duology
Main characters: Tucker Lynch and Charlotte "Char" Morsey

Synopsis 

We knew each other a lifetime ago. And then...
 We lost childhoods. We lost opportunities. We lost love.
 Fate is giving us another chance. But a chance at what?
 Because even though we’ve been brought back to each other under the worst of circumstances…
 We are still. So. Damn. Lost.


Ok, first of all, I need to disclose that I got the ARC of this book from the author in exchange for an honest review :) you are a sweetheart Carrie, even though you ended this book in a cliffhanger that made me gasp and scream internally... cause it was very late at night when I finished it, so I couldn't scream out loud ;) I can hear your evil cackle from here... ;) but no worries people, the conclusion to this captivating story is only two weeks away :) yes, you read that correctly, only two WEEKS :) now that we have this stuff out of the way, let me tell you more about this story...

Yeah... about that... ;) I need to explain something else... :) it's not easy for me to write this review... and not because I hated the book, quite the opposite :) I really loved it :) but the synopsis is very vague, so I didn't know much before reading this book... and after finishing this story, I have to say that it's really the best way to do it :) so I'm gonna do my best to tell you a little bit more without actually spoiling you the surprises along the way :) so this story revolves around two people, Tucker and Char... they are now both around 25... but they knew each other from a very young age... there is quite a bit of a history between them... and we actually see some of those moments, because there are flashbacks in this story... and they were actually my favourite part :) I loved seeing our main characters at different ages, how they changed and what happened to them along the way... those little scenes here and there really added depth :) but let's go back to the now, shall we? :) their story starts with a bang ;) not literal, but close enough... they are reunited after a few years under very unexpected circumstances... then some actions lead them to spend some time, just the two of them, in the middle of nowhere.. I know, it's super vague, but I can't really say anything more without some major spoilers... so I hope you'll forgive me :) so we have just the two of them over the course of a few months, when we see how the situation changes between them, how they explain some lingering stuff between them to each other and then the book ends with a cliffhanger... but I sort of had a feeling it's gonna be something like that... though it definitely leaves you wanting more... :)

I know that was really vague, but I hope that this last part, where I share with you guys my thoughts and opinions I had throughout reading this book, will help :) I can't quite put my finger on why, but I had troubles getting behind the idea of them spending so much time in that one place... it's not like it was ruining my pleasure of reading this story, I just... I don't know... it was hard for me to get it... so let's just leave it at that and move one... :) but I do understand though why they needed to be alone to truly reconnect... this book has 2 POVs, which I am a huge fan of, especially when it is done right, like in this case :) I loved being able to get inside both of their minds... it really gave me a better perspective to understand them... not to mention the writing style... <sighs> I only read one other book by Carrie Aarons so far, with all others still on my #BookMountain, and this one, once again, proved that this woman's writing style packs an emotional punch for me... it takes me by surprise, when I least expect it... there I am, reading peacefully and bam! ;) straight in the feels... I may not always agree with what the characters are doing or why, but her books feel honest... I feel that honesty and emotions in the stories she creates... I feel like they are not written to appeal to certain "target group" or something... and that is the best way to be an author... write what feels right and honest to you and readers will appreciate it... :) I simply cannot wait what other books she will make for us :) oh, I almost forgot :) I absolutely loved to read about first time between a young teenagers that was awkward and a little bit clumsy... it was truly refreshing... not to mention that part about her period ;) I was really afraid it's gonna be one of those it-just-magically-disappeared-for-the-duration-of-the-book types of situations... :)

I don't have quotes for you today, but that's only because they would be too spoilerific :) the story is shorter in itself, since it's just half of what's waiting for us and it's intense from the very beginning... so there was no way for me to pick something out :) but be sure, the writing style is great and the story of Charlotte and Tucker will make you feel all the feels... and I do mean all of them... anger, sadness, joy, hope... <sighs> I can't wait to see how it will end :) especially since I have a feeling I'm gonna love the conclusion more than this one :)

If you are interested, I have all the links here for you :)


And how about some teasers ;)


About the author:



Author of romance novels such as Red Card and the Captive Heart Duet, Carrie Aarons writes sexy, swoony and sarcastic characters who won't get out of her head until she puts them down on a page.

Carrie has wanted to be an author since the first time she opened a book. She loves spinning tales that include dapper men, women with attitude, and the occasional hunky athlete.

When she isn't in what her husband calls a "writing coma", Carrie is freeing up her jam-packed DVR, starting her latest DIY project, or planning her next travel adventure. She lives in New Jersey with her husband, who is more than happy to watch sports while his wife plots love stories.

Find her online: WebsiteFacebookTwitter | Goodreads

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment