Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Release blitz + Review: "Just say maybe" by Tracy March


Author: Tracy March
Book 2 in series Thistle Bend
Main characters: Bryce Bennett and Holly Birdsong

I received the ARC of this sweet contemporary romance from the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review :) and I really enjoyed it :) definitely don't be discouraged by the fact that this is a second book in a series, because it can absolutely be read as a standalone ;) in fact, it was the first book written by this author that I've got my hands on :) but it won't be the last... ;) now let me tell you more about our main couple :)

Both Holly and Bryce are around 30 :) she's a lawyer, living in her hometown, the titular Thistle Bend and he's an entrepreneur :) he's actually there to buy a mountain lodge that comes with a lot of negative history not only with the whole town but especially with Holly and her family... don't worry, I'm not gonna say anything more in case it wasn't mentioned in the previous book and you don't want any spoilers :) they actually met on a mountain trail, where he oh so gracefully fell off his mountain bike ;) don't worry, nothing horrible happened to him :) she offered help and sparks started to fly... ;) I really enjoyed their slow-but-not-exactly building relationship :) and even though there were some secrets between them, I can totally understand the reasons behind that decisions... I know I'm being very vague, but I really can't say anything more without some major spoilers, sooo... you're just gonna have to forgive me ;) they both have some emotional and hard events in their pasts, that influenced them and their ability to open up to others, but their relationship is very sweet :) but that's not all that this book is about... we also have a mystery... dun dun duuuunnnn.... ;) yep, there is a mystery connected to the lodge :) they discover something when they are doing a walkthrough, but again, I won't say any details because... spoilers, duh ;) but it gives this story a little something extra ;)

Now about the secondary characters :) this whole town is full of unique, quirky and absolutely lovely characters, but I have to say that the couple from the first book stole my heart so completely that I'm gonna have to go back and read their story :) Lindsey is pretty new in town :) well, she's been there for about a year now, but you get what I mean :) and Carden is... well, he's definitely something :) I don't want to say more, in case you are brand new to this series like me, but after seeing them as a couple here and there in this book, I need to know more about them and how they got together :) and I am definitely gonna have my eyes open for book #3, because I have my suspicions who might be the heroine of that... <coughs> Ellie <coughs> ;) but that's just my speculations ;)

It was a great and fun read :) the book is not very long, but you definitely don't feel like the story is rushed :) and the whole mystery surrounding that discovery in the lodge that I can't share more about... ;) adds to the book :) Thistle Bend is a lovely town and I'm definitely gonna visit it again :) the writing style was good and absolutely made me curious to check out other books written by Tracy March :) it may have not swept me off my feet completely and kept me up late at night to finish it, but do not be mistaken... it is a lovely book that will cleverly sneak into your heart when you least expect it ;)

And if you are interested, I already have all the links you need right here ;)


Kobo 

About the author:



Award-winning author Tracy March writes contemporary romances inspired by her real-life happily ever after. Always up for travel and adventure, she has flown in a stunt plane, snowmobiled on the Continental Divide, ziplined in the Swiss Alps, and been chased by a bull in the mountains of St. Lucia. She loves Nationals baseball, Saturday date nights, and Dairy Queen Blizzards—and rarely goes a day without craving pizza. Tracy lives in Yorktown, Virginia, with her superhero husband who works for NASA. 

Find her online: WebsiteFacebookTwitterInstagramPinterest | Goodreads

XOXO

A

No comments:

Post a Comment