Monday, April 25, 2016

Random ramblings of a bookworm ;) #10

Listening to music with your whole body
Lazy reviewers
And
Why "The huntsman: winter's war" was awesome

Welcome, welcome to another edition of my #RandomRamblings post :) I can't believe it's #10 already :) I'm having so much fun writing them and I hope that you can see that in my posts :) and that you enjoy them as well :) let's be chaotic again and start from the very end of the headlines, shall we? ;)

I finally went to see the movie... the one I was really looking forward to see... :) and "The huntsman: winter's war" was just as awesome as I hoped it would be :) and I want to share with you guys some of my thoughts about it :) don't worry, it will be spoiler free :) first of all... because I was wondering about that myself before I went to actually see it, is it a sequel, a prequel or what to "Snow White and the huntsman" :) and the answert to that is... it's complicated :) without giving anything away, the beginning of the movie is a prequel, telling us a story that took place before the first movie... but then we skip seven years later, and get to the part that is taking place after that first movie... :) I hope that makes sense even without more details :) I thought that it was a pretty clever idea :) but I absolutely loved this movie, so I may be biased ;) after all it's a mix of everything I love to watch on the big screen... adventure, magic, fantasy and entertaining characters with just the right amount of humor :) I enjoyed myself immensly and can definitely recommend it for others to see ;) if you want more details, send me a PM on my facebook page and we can talk about it without spoiling it for everyone else :)


I also wanted to share with you guys something that's been really bothering me lately... lazy reviewers... ugh... but I need to make something very clear... :) to all of you people... all of you regular readers, who spend your own money on a book... who after reading it take your time and write a review on Amazon, Goodreads or wherever... doesn't matter if it's a 5 stars or a 1 star review, doesn't matter how long it is... every sentence you write is valuable... because you don't have to do that... and the fact that you do is amazing and appreciated :) so I'm not talking about you guys :) I'm talking about book bloggers... people who are receiving ARCs and free copies of books from authors and publishers, sometimes months before the release date... and all you can do is copy/paste the synopsis and the cover and write two sentences?!?!? I kid you not... lately I've stumbled upon quite a few of those... as a reader, who was looking for an honest opinion about a book, that tells me nothing... "if you like second chances romances, read this one"... that was honestly the only sentence about a book in one of the "reviews" I read... and I was sitting there wondering where is the rest of the review... did I miss it? maybe if I scroll down... but no... that was it... don't get me wrong, it doesn't have to be a whole essay or anything, but I need more... and if you are a book blogger... and you get those free books... and that's all you can write... <sighs> I'm both pissed and disappointed with you... because you can do so much better... I have #BloggerBesties who are proving time and time again, that it IS possible to write a good review, even if it's not super long... a couple of paragraphs can be just enough if you write them well... :)

And last but not least, let's talk about music... ;) or to be more accurate, the way you listen to music... ;) because I can't seem to just sit and listen to it... ;) it always involves some sort of body movement... ;) depending whether I'm in a public place or at home it vary between head nodding, foot tapping to full on dance party that may or may not involve hips shaking and all sort of movements that are beyond description using regular words ;) but I love it :) and I refuse to believe that you guys don't understand what I'm talking about... come on, don't be shy and admit it... ;) if you hear a good song it's impossible to just sit and do nothing more besides listening... :) I want to share with you guys my most recent whole-body-moving song ;) in fact I dare you to listen to it and do nothing... it's impossible ;)


That's a wrap for today people :) I hope you had as much fun reading it as I had writing it :) and if you have any thoughts or comments that you'd like to share with me, feel free to do it here, on my facebook page or you can find me on Goodreads as well :) big hugs to you all :)

XOXO

A

No comments:

Post a Comment