Friday, February 26, 2016

Books I can't wait to get my hands on ;) march edition

Yes, it's this time of the month again, when I share with you some of the books that I'm really looking forward to in the upcoming few weeks :) this time I have five of them, and there's a little bit of something for everyone... :) we have a historical romance, something with a sports theme and a contemporary romance that will probably make me cry... and let's not forget about some urban fantasy or a little somethin' somethin' for all the MM lovers out there ;) now that I have your attention let me tell you more... ;)

I think that the book I'm looking forward to the most is... "Hawke" by Sawyer Bennett, book #5 in her Cold Fury hockey series :) it's gonna be a contemporary sports themed romance :) I am a big fan of the previous books in this series, but the main couple in this one will be totally new characters, so I am very curious about them and how the story will go :) all books in this series can be read as standalones, but it definitely helps if you read them in order, cause the main characters from each stories appear in other books as well, so it would give you a bit of a background and make these appearances more meaningful :) I'm hoping for the same mix of fantastic writing style, great story telling, not to mention all the funny and sexy and just plain cute scenes like in the previous books, so the expectations are pretty high ;) I'll definitely let you know what I think as soon as I can get my hands on that one ;)

The second book I want to read, although I have mixed feelings about this one, is "Marked in flesh" by Anne Bishop, book #4 in her The others series... this one is an urban fantasy series with some paranormal elements in it and I honestly have to say that I'm afraid to read it... I absolutely loved the first book... then the second one was a pretty good sequel, but the third book... well... it kind of dragged a bit for me... there were a lot of subplots in it and I was hoping to get some more answers and for the story arch to move further along, and I didn't get either of that... so I am still curious about this book, cause I love the idea of that whole world, but I am also cautious with my expectations... we will see what comes out of it :)

The third book I am looking forward to is "The fire between high & lo" by Brittainy C. Cherry a contemporary romance, that I can pretty much guarantee is gonna make me cry... but don't worry and let me explain... :) it's book #2 in her Elements series, but they can be read as standalones, since the connection is with the elements (air, fire, water and earth) and not the characters :) actually book #1 in that series is the only other book written by her that I've read so far, but I absolutely loved it :) and yes, that one also made me cry... like a lot... she has a very unique and mesmerizing writing style that grabs you from the first chapter and doesn't let go... after finishing the previous book I needed a few days to just... think about it... I couldn't read anything else and that's one of the biggest compliments for an author... when their book have such an impact on a reader... I'm actually gonna leave you the link to my review of that book so you can see how touched by it I was -> here <- and now I look forward to another emotional journey :)

Another book I want to tell you about is "Us" by Sarina Bowen and Elle Kennedy :) it's a sequel to "Him", a book that I have to admit, I haven't read yet :) but I am very close to finally doing it :) it's an MM story that I am very curious about, because I love books written individually by these lovely ladies so I can only imagine that them joining forces can result in only more awesomeness ;) and that's why I wanted to mention here a sequel of a book I have yet to read ;) all I know is that it's still the same couple, so we'll see what those two minds came up with ;)

The last one I want to tell you about is a historical romance... "Because of miss Bridgerton" by Julia Quinn, book #1 in the Rokesbys series :) it's a prequel story to one of my most beloved historical romance series of all time, Bridgertons :) and since I wasn't a huge fan of some of her other books, which is absolutely all right, since not all of them can be magical and perfect ;) I am actually very curious about this one... :) I am definitely not getting my hopes up too much but some part of me is absolutely counting on at least some of the magic that's been missing for me from some of her latest books... :)


XOXO

A

No comments:

Post a Comment