Saturday, January 23, 2016

Review: "The score" by Elle Kennedy


Author: Elle Kennedy
Title: "The score"
Book 3 in series Off-campus
Main characters: Dean Heyward Di Laurentis and Allie Hayes

I have a huge problem now people... I have troubles putting my thoughts into words, because this book was so completely, absolutely awesome that I'm afraid I won't do it justice with my review ;) and don't even get me started on Dean... ;) I adore guys in this series... I fell in love with Garrett from book #1 at once... he completely stole my heart ;) then Logan, from book #2 was such a good addition to my book boyfriends list ;) but Dean... <sigh> ;) I did not expect to love him as much as I did... I knew it was gonna be a super fun read but still... I will get into more details in a minute, but first let me tell you that, as usual, I encourage you to read the books in order, to see the change in certain characters and to get to know them better before they would get their own story, but you can read all of them as standalones if you want to :) cause all the info to enjoy each story is in the book ;) and now let me tell you why you have to read this book like right now... ;)

Since you guys already know how much I loved Dean let me tell you a bit more about Allie first ;) we met her in book #1, cause she's friends and roommates with Hannah, the heroine of "The deal" :) I don't know if it's just me but I kind of remembered her a bit differently ;) or maybe she was just this secondary character that got a little bit lost in my mind because I just adored the main couple so much and they took all my attention ;) but back to Allie :) she's a drama major and want to pursue her acting career after college :) she's recently single after breaking up with her on-again-off-again boyfriend... it's break up #4 in three years but it's finally the one that sticks... I really loved her :) she's fun and open and has a definitely more adventurous and kinky side that I thought ;) there are a few secrets hidden in that tiny person ;) plus, her story resonated with me on a few unexpected levels because of some my personal stuff that I won't bore you with here ;) but that definitely made the book for me even better :) and Dean... seriously people, I did not expect to love him this much... ;) he's totally, unabashedly inappropriate... :) he's just this delicious-dirty-talking-panties-dropping walking sin with an aversion to clothes ;) I adored how wickedly honest and direct he was even though he made me blush more than once.. ;) but believe me, there is much more to him than just this player side :) cause we knew him like that before... I mean this is the guy who was giving advice on how to take a perfect dick-pic in one of the previous books... ;) I kid you not :) but what I did not expect is to see this very cute and adorable side of him... not to mention that he's much smarter than most people think of him :)

Their road to be together starts kind of unexpectedly... :) Allie needs a place to crash to avoid her ex and she is invited to Dean's home :) cause Dean and Garrett, Hannah's guy, are roommates, along with Logan and Tucker, whose book is next by the way, but why it's such a great news I'll get to that later on :) back to Allie and Dean... :) she appears at their door and interrupts what was suppose to be an amazing threesome for Dean and his two lady guests ;) so he's not hery happy to see her, but being a good friend that he is, he agrees to the babysitting ;) add a joint and some tequila and fast forward to the next morning when they wake up in his bed after some hot and steamy one night stand ;) she's determined to not repeat that, since she's not really into casual stuff, but apparently she's much harder to get over than Dean thought... cause he can't shake her off his mind... and let's just say that after one night with her, Little Dean doesn't want anyone else... ;) so he decides to pursue her to repeat that night ;) and even though she's reluctant at the beginning, she can't deny the attraction that is between them for long... to be honest I would cave sooo much sooner ;) I mean wih all those sexts and seducing... I mean, there is a very good reason why ladies love Dean so much ;) so they start this sort of casual-let's-get-this-attraction-out-of-our-systems thing... that unexpectedly and accidentally starts to grow into something more :) it's subtle and really lovely to read :) but what I really adored to see is that Dean is still Dean... he's definitely not getting soft and nice... oh no... ;) he stays the same, but all his energy is directed on Allie... ;)

Besides the main couple, who is front and center throughout the whole book... and who can blame them, I would love to read about them over and over again ;) but we also have some secondary characters :) mainly it's the couples from previous books but there are some new additions that will definitely make you smile :) let me just say that Dean has to help coach a kids hockey team and you can imagine the cuteness... ;) and we definitely get to know more about some characters with potential to become future heroes and heroines... ;) I'm also gonna say, that the very ending of this book makes me really curious about Tucker's story... don't worry, I won't spoil you anything by adding something that might ruin the surprise for you... but my jaw was dropped... ;)

I absolutely loved this book... the writing style was fantastic... and there was two perspectives, one of my favourite things in books... :) besides guys with accents and sarcastic humor :) I am in heaven when I have a chance to get inside the minds of both main characters :) so not only it is written in such a way that you keep turning page after page but it is also hilariously funny... like falling-on-the-floor-laughing funny :) and let's not forget the adjective that describes this book best... hot :) it was mind-blowing-toes-curling-skin-blushing-breath-catching sexy :) just... wow :) do not read this book in public... you've been warned :) it definitely had some surpising turns of events that made me gasp in shock and teared up a little bit... and it's a true talent to be able to write a book that has it all... funny, emotional and "aawww" moments that create this perfect little gem that I want to read over and over again :) and it's always a good sign when I'm plotting my review before I even finish the book ;) there was much more awesome details that I didn't mention here because I want you to have a few surprises along the way :)

This time when it came to quotes I had to make a very conscious decision to stop marking them :) so all you see below are just the ones from the first eight or so chapters... and believe me, there's much more when they came from, but I can't just quote you whole pages :) plus, some of the best ones definitely cannot be repeat in public out loud ;) so be sure to check out the book to see all the awesomeness that it is ;) happy reading :)

When Allie stays with Dean to avoid her ex, he needs to take care of something before ;)
"'Yeah. Go ahead and pick something to watch,' he answers. 'I'm just popping upstairs to jerk it and then I'll join you.'
'Okay, I think I'm in the mood for... wait, what?'
But he's already gone, leaving me gasping at the empty doorway. He's popping upstairs to do what? He was joking, right?"

And a bit later when he comes back down ;)
"'Did you seriously jerk off just now?' I demand.
He nods as if it's no biggie. 'What, you think I can sit through a whole movie with blue balls?'
I gawk at him. 'So you can't have sex with anyone while I'm in the house, but you can go upstairs and do that?'
A wolfish grin stretches his mouth. 'I could've done it down here, but then you would've been too tempted to take over for me. I was trying to be nice.'"

A beautiful example that Dean can joke around but he's there for his friends :)
"'What did he do?' Dean demands in a low voice. 'And how bad of a beat-down does he deserve? Me and Garrett can handle our own in a fight, but if you want some bone-crushing, we can unleash Logan on him.'"

One of the first interactions between Dean and Allie in the book :)
"'Dean flops down directly beside me, slings one muscular arm around my shoulders, and tugs me close. As if it's totally normal.
I frown at him. 'Why is your arm around me?'
His expression is all innocence. 'This is how I watch movies.'
'Really? So you put your arm around Garrett when you watch movies with him?'
'Absolutely. And if he's nice to me, sometimes I slide my hand down his pants.' Dean's other hand skims down to the waistband of my leggins. 'Be nice to me, and I promise I'll be even nicer in return.'"

When Dean wants to convince Allie for another night together ;)
"Allie picks up after four rings, her wary voice sliding into my ear. 'Hey, what's up?'
I let out a ragged breath. 'I want to fuck you again.'
'Is this a thing now? You're going to call me every night and say that?'
'Maybe?' Shit. I'm cranky and horny and as confused as she is. 'Say yes, baby doll. Just say yes and put me out of my misery.'"

Part of the conversation between Dean and one of his friends ;)
"'Are you seriously dissecting Twilight right now?'
God, I am. This is what Allie has reduced me to. A sad, pathetic loser who goes to a bar and forces his friend to participate in a Twilight book club.
'I don't know whether to make fun of you or refer you to a shrink.'"

XOXO

A

No comments:

Post a Comment