Friday, January 15, 2016

Bookmarks 2015 :) favourite novella

When it comes to novellas I haven't read many of them last year :) so making a decision shouldn't be too hard, right? ;) the choice came down to one new novella, and two re-reads from two different series written by the same author... all three of them had great writing style, humor, otherwordly and / or mystical creatures and magical elements, but ultimately... and after some thought... I've decided that my winner is...


"Hades" is a novella set in the Demonica series by Larissa Ione :) a paranormal series with demons of many kinds and soooo many other creatures that I won't even start naming them all ;) I adore this whole series, mainly because it's a perfect mix of funny and emotional and this particular novella is no exception :) her books are always a pleasure to read, so I really wanted to award her for something to show my love ;) because let's be honest, who wouldn't love a mean fallen angel with a blue mohawk who always walk around shirtless? ;) you don't have to answer, it was a rhetorical question ;)

A very close runner up was Nalini Singh :) and I was hesitating over two of her novellas that I re-read last year :) first of them, "Secrets at midnight", that can be found in the "Night shift" anthology, comes from her Psy-changeling series, one of my all time favourite ;) the second one is "Angel's dance" from her other series, Guild hunter :) both of them are this paranormal / urban fantasy worlds when each book tells the story of a different couple, but all of them are connected on so many levels that it's best to read them in order :) I mean the books in both series, cause both novellas can be read as standalones and are a perfect way to dip your toe into those worlds and see if you might like them ;) so I really do encourage you to try them out ;) I am in love with her writing style, the way she creates stories and characters, and no matter if it's a full lenght novel or a novella or just a short story, it's always the same high quality :) that's what made my decision hard, but ultimately I had to go with something new ;)

Here are the links to my reviews of all three novellas :)
  • novella from Demonica series about Hades and Cataclysm -> "Hades"
  • novella from Psy-changeling series about Bastien and Kirby -> "Secrets at midnight"
  • novella from Guild hunter series about Galen and Jessamy -> "Angel's dance"

XOXO

A

No comments:

Post a Comment