Friday, August 14, 2015

Review: "Love hacked" by Penny Reid


Author: Penny Reid
Book 3 in series Knitting in the city
Main characters: Alex Greene and Sandra Fielding

Guys... I think I'm in love... seriously... this book was... without a doubt... the best book in this series (and I already read the fourth one so I know what I'm talking about) :) maybe some future book will knock this one from the number one spot but it's gonna be really hard :) cause I loved everything about it... the main characters, the story, the ending... Penny Reid, how the hell do you do it?!? ;) how do you create this complex, smart, funny people... :) and sexy, we can't forget about that ;) her books are romances like I have never read before... and that is a huge compliment coming from me cause I read all the time since I can remember :) and her style of writing is one of a kind :) ok, enough of my girl-crushing on a married woman ;) let's go back to this fabulous book :)

Sandra is my new favourite character from the knitting group :) she is an absolute blast ;) I love her jokes... sometimes corny, sometimes really inappropriate, but always said in the right moment to brighten the mood or difuse some sort of situation :) she have one of the best inner monologues with herself... why did I add that last part...? Who could she have inner monologues with besides herself...? ;) anyway... ;) back to Sandra :) she's a psychotherapist who reads her horoscope everyday :) and they are often written in the beginnings of chapters :) and Alex... <sigh> oh Alex... <another sigh> ok, get a grip woman :) sorry, but I'm so in love with him that I needed a moment to gather my thoughts... it didn't help, but I'm gonna try to write something anyway ;) he's this absolutely sexy, mysterious guy... with a voice that melts all of you... right along with your panties and inhibitions... ;) and it is truly a gift to be able to write a character in a way that I can hear his voice... :) so that's another reason for my girl-crush ;) his a guy full of contradictions, maybe a little weird... but there is a very good reason for all of that :) and if me loving him also makes me weird, than... I really don't care ;) you can call me weird :) I don't mind cause I don't think of myself as an absolutely normal person ;) just ask my sister... ;) or maybe don't... she knows all my stories... ;) and some of them should never be said out loud ;) but back to Alex... <sigh> sorry but I just can't help myself :) I would love to tell you more about him, but I think it will be more fun for you, to discover him and all his secrets, or at least the one that he shares, while reading the book :)

Not only the characters are awesome... and by that I mean also the secondary characters, cause we get, as usual, appearances from ladies from the knitting group and their significant others :) and that group is always a delight :) but the story... :) the story is fantastic in this book... you have a mystery, a romance, an action-packed finish, twists and turns along the way... :) I don't want to go into any more specific details, cause I want you guys to be able to be surprised while you read the book :) cause I love this little things... get to know what's going on bit by bit :) so just believe me when I say that it's awesome and very satisfying :)

I don't know what it is... it must be a lot of awesome reasons all at once... the characters, the story, the ending, Alex... <sigh> oh my god woman, pull yourself together ;) sorry for that ;) all of it just clicks for me in this book :) besides, who doesn't love a good Wookie costume reference? ;) and this is the book where we learn the reason why Fiona's book has the word ninja in the title ;) and by the way, I'm sooo looking forward to read that one :) so people, if you're looking for an awesome read that will make you laugh out loud inappropriately in public places and go "aaawwww...." in another places look no further... this is your winner :)

There were so many amazing quotes in this one that I had a really hard time picking just a few :) but I did my best ;) if you want more, bump this book to the top of your "to be read" list ;) but I do hope I already gave you enough reasons to do that ;)

I love her reactions to Alex at the very beginning of the book ;)
"'I'm Alex, and I'll be serving you tonight.'
Be cool. Be cool and act cool. Be chill, act chill, be ice. You're an ice cube. Just be cool."

And another one ;)
"My heart rate increased inexplicably. I felt like a skittish rabbit. This was noteworthy, as I usually felt like an optimistic octopus."

One more reason why I love her :)
"We stood silent, inches from each other, sharing the same breath.
'Three years is a long time.' His voice was achingly seductive.
I frowned because I was confused, but I managed to whisper, 'Yes. And fettuccini noodles are too thick.'
He frowned, but his attention didn't waver from my lips. 'What does that have to do with anything?'
'I don't know. You said three years is a long time. I thought we were sharing random opinions.'"

And another one why I adore Alex... <sigh> ;)
"The laugh tapered slowly, but his large smile remained. 'You're pretty witty.'
'I think you meant to say <you're pretty and witty.>'
'No. I said what I meant.'
'I don't think I can approve of that response.'"

And the last one that will leave you absolutely swooning... maybe Alex doesn't talk much, but when he does... ;)
"Remember that I've been watching you for over two years. You are the most exquisitely beautiful woman I've ever seen. And I'll never say that you're pretty, because that word is pathetically inadequate."

XOXO

A

No comments:

Post a Comment