Wednesday, July 29, 2015

A very special post... ;)

Ok, you guys... first, a little confession... this is a very special post for me, cause it's my first birthday post that I share with you ;) and yes, today is my birthday :D so that's why I decided to write about something else for a change ;) it is actually my first not-book-related post ever, despite the name of the blog ;) I hope you guys will stay with me and read it to the end... I promise not to bore you to death, and if you like my usual babbling you'll like this one too ;)

So with that in mind... :) I decided to share with you something about me, cause I feel like we've become a very special kind of friends :) and I want you guys to know me better ;) of course I would love to know you better too, so feel free to comment ;) and stay with me till the end cause I have some amazing quotes for you... :) what kind of quotes I can have in this sort of post you ask? That is an excellent question :) a very cool ones, that's for sure ;) stay with me and you'll know all about it :)

So first of all, I would like to tell you more about how I write :) at the beginning I did it differently... just sit down when I had the time, write a post, check it for spelling and everything... :) and then I would post it all in one sitting ;) but in time I realized that I was missing some stuff and found a way to make my posts better and more detailed :) now, what I do is take notes when I read :) I write down my feelings and impressions about characters and plots, mark pages with quotes I'm thinking about adding to my future review :) and a lot of other ideas that are flowing endlessly in my head about this blog :) and let me tell you... there were a lot of times, when my best ideas just had to appeared right before I fell asleep... and it's always the same monologue that I have with myself:

Get up and write it down.
But I don't want to....
Get up or you'll forget about it.
I'll remember it in the morning...
It never works like that... you'll forget about it and then be mad, cause it was a really good idea.
But.... it's so comfy and warm in here... oh fine... ;)

At which point I reluctantly get out of bed and get my phone, cause I write notes on it :) So now, when I'm sitting down to write a review or some other post, I'm able to make it longer, cause my notes help me with details :) and now I usually start with a "first draft" sort of thing :) I write down all my thoughts and impressions :) full of typos of course ;) but it helps me to go back to it the next day or couple of days later and built more on it :) and the last thing you should know about my reviews, is that I prefer to write about my feelings and impressions instead of copying the blurb and/or summaring the book... that's why I always prepare for you links below the cover in my reviews :) that way you can quickly check all the info that you want and you know from the start is this book is part of a series or a standalone :) cause for me it's a pretty important information :) I always like to know if there's more in case I love this one :) hope you guys like my style :) I try to pretend that it's a conversation between us and try to think about questions that you might have, or things that you would like to know :) but of course... and I cannot stress this enough :) I love, love, love when you guys leave me comments, cause I love our actual interactions, not only the ones in my head ;) this style of writing definitely works for me and I feel like it fits me very well as a person ;) I might change it a bit in the future, but don't worry, you won't loose you're quirky and slightly weird book reviewer ;)

Now that you got a little "behind the scenes" from me :) I think it's time for something more personal... ;) you already know how much I love books, but movies are another one of the things that I adore to do... :) I love watching movies in general... well, except for horror movies, I can't even watch trailers for those, cause I have waaaaay to vivid imagination and can't sleep later :) I kid you not... when I have to watch one, cause it's a preview before my actual movie when I'm in a movie theatre, I have to close my eyes and it helps only half way since I can still hear the dialogue :) but back to more pleasant types :) I love to watch different genres, but definitely prefer action/fantasy stuff when I go to the movie theatre :) cause when I pay to see something on a big screen, I like to get something in return... ;) not only a story but some cool special effects as well ;) I love me some good comedy, but I can watch it easily at home :) and since we are in the movie theme I'll tell you about my favourite movie of all time :) and don't get me wrong... I love a lot of them, but this one holds a special place in my heart :) you may be surprised... ready? :) it's "Stardust" :) I don't know if all of you know it, but if not, you absolutely have to see it :) it's a mix of all that I love... romance, comedy, adventure, action, fantasy and magic ;) theoretically it's an adaptation of a book, but it doesn't have a lot in common with it... in this case I don't mind, cause I like the movie better (I know, please don't hate on me, it works that way for me in this case ;) ) not only I love the main characters played by Claire Danes and Charlie Cox, but the secondary characters, including (among many others) talented Michelle Pfeiffer, Robert De Niro, Mark Strong and Ian McKellen as a narrator are jus as amazing :) and don't get me wrong, I am not saying that this movie is perfect and without any flaws... I'm just saying that it's a perfect blend of everything I love for me :)

I thought that I would write about something else for you, but I realized I got a little big carried away and this post is already very long :) so I will leave the rest of my thoughts for some other occasion :) hope you guys are still with me at the end of this ramblings :) so to finish, I'd like to thank you all so much... for reading my blog, for commenting every time (I'm looking at you Elena ;) I love them all and I'm always looking forward to reading them) I would keep writing even if I would do it just for myself, but knowing that other people read it and actually buy books based on my recommendations... it's an amazing feeling and I'm grateful for it every time it happens :) but the biggest thank you goes out to my sister... I was really lucky, cause not only I have a sibling, but I have the best... sister... ever... ;) seriously, you guys... she's amazing :) you don't know half the stuff she does for me :) she always supports me and I know I can count on her :) I love that we have so many things in common, that I can talk with her about books and fictional characters as if they're real for hours and she doesn't think I'm crazy :) I couldn't wish for a better best friend... I love you my little sister (oh come on... you'll forgive me for using that just today ;) ) and no... I'm not crying... it's just... I have something in my eye... ;)

As a proof of how awesome she is, I have quotes that I promised you at the beginning of this post... which you started reading last week ;) not only I got very cool gifts, but she managed to find one of the best birthday wishes ever :) so here they are for you :) I hope they will brighten your day as they did mine :)

"Hope you love your new age. It loves you because it looks good on you."

"Forget about the past, you can't change it. Forget about the future, you can't predict it. Forget about the present, I didn't get you one. Just kidding!"

"They say that age is all in your mind. The trick is keeping it from creeping down into your body.

"I hope that your birthday is as much fun as you are, but that sets a very high standard."

"Your birthday says 'one year closer to cougar' but your looks say 'can I see your ID?'"

"Happy birthday to someone who is smart, talented, pretty, creative and fabulous! (I love that we're so much alike)"

"Birthdays are good for you. Statistics show that people who have the most live the longest."

"As you get older three things happen. The first is your memory goes and I can't remember the other two."

"I wish you to:
- have a hidden talent like Elsa;
- have a sense of humor like Anna;
- have a huge library like Belle;
- be hard working like Tiana;
- have a personal dragon like Mulan;
- always hit target like Merida;
- go to a ball like Cinderella;
- have a lot of guys around you like Snow White;
- be refreshed like Sleeping Beauty;
- have beautiful hair like Rapunzel;
- be brave like Astrid;
- have an imagination like Alice;
- have a beautiful voice like Ariel;
- have crazy friends like minions;
and have your very own 'she lived happily ever after...'"

XOXO

A

No comments:

Post a Comment