Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Review: "Rise" by Karina Bliss


Author: Karina Bliss
Title: "Rise"
Book 1 of series Rock solid
Main characters: Zander Freedman and Elizabeth Winston

I must confess.... I would probably never heard of this author and this particular book, but fortunately for me, my favourite author Nalini Singh... and believe me, it took a lot of time to establish my favourite author ;) she recommended it on her facebook page :) so naturally I had to give it a try ;) plus when I read what it's about I was curious :) I mean come on... who doesn't love a rock star? ;)

It turns out that this book was different than I expected, but in a good way... :) it was a really good written story :) there wasn't this instant lust, this I-love-you-from-the-first-sight-so-I-have-to-have-you-right-now kind of passion... instead we got slowly building "relationship" :) and I'm using     --> "" <-- because they start as strictly professional kind of co-workers, then it goes into this unexpected sort of friendship and slowly there is something more... ;) maybe it's because they are both fully grown up characters... ;) I mean Zander is pushing forty, and Elizabeth is thirty five, so they're definitely not teenagers ;) but I really loved reading their story :) maybe I'm not as immune as I would like to think to "Z-factor" ;) oh, the "Z-factor"... Zander's got plenty of it :) he's very charismatic... I mean, there is a reason why he can move a whole stadium of people :) and Elizabeth is just this seemingly responsible and calm person, but she definitely has a little bit more of a wild side ;)

As usually in the first book of a series, we get to meet main characters of future books, in this case, the rest of the band and Zander's personal assistant... and maybe someone else, but I'm not entirely sure how's her story gonna go... if she's even gonna get her own, so I'm not gonna say anything more and leave it to you, to decide what you think after finishing the book :) but what I do know for sure, is that Jared and Kayla's novella is next :) they are already married in the first book, but I'm very curious to read some more from their point of view :) and the next full lenght book is gonna be Dimity's (Zander's personal assistant) happy ever after ;) and after getting to know her a little bit better in "Rise" I just can't wait to see, who will she end up with ;) and how's that gonna happen ;)

All in all it was a really good read, and I definitely would recommend it to all of you who likes rock stars... cause I mean, who doesn't? I know I wrote that already in this review, but it needs to be repeated... it's that important ;) and to those of you who likes a slow building romance... but don't worry, the fact that it's slow does not mean there is no heat... oh there is... ;) believe you me... ;) so what are you waiting for? ;)

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment