Friday, June 26, 2015

Review: "Neanderthal seeks human" by Penny Reid


Author: Penny Reid
Book 1 of series Knitting in the city
Main characters: Quinn Sullivan and Janie Morris

I have to start from the most important part of this review... a big, huge, gigantic... you get the gist... ;) enormous THANK YOU to Susan, who recommended me this author :) without her I would probably never came across this fantastic woman, and that is a perspective too scary to even think about ;) so Susan, if we ever get a chance to meet in person, I owe you a coffee, tea, smoothie, hot chocolate... basically, a beverage of your choosing ;)

Now to the good part... the actual book... you guys... it was amazing... :) exactly what I needed... it was the best pick-me-up-cheer-me-up-bring-a-huge-smile-on-my-face book ever... ok, there is a possibility that I may be slightly exaggerating, but it was really that much fun :) I had the biggest smile on my face throughout the whole book... and I laughed out loud so many times, that I'm incredibly thankful that I read this book at home, and not in a public place... can you imagine all those people... looking and wondering "what the hell?!?" :) I mean, I wouldn't care, cause I would probably be too busy with my book to notice it ;)

Let's start with the secondary characters, they were truly a delight :) I mean... I loved Steven from the very first scene he appeared :) and don't even get me started on the girls from the knitting club :) you can't imagine how excited I am to know, that there are more books in this series and I will have the opportunity to read about their own adventures and happy endings :)

And let me tell you about the main characters... my oh my... there is a reason why they gave Quinn nickname "Sir Handsome McHotpants" ;) don't look at me like that... it was their idea :) I'm just a messenger ;) and Janie... she is soooo... how to put it best... socially awkward :) and a little bit clueless about the whole flirting thing... :) I can so relate to that :) it would be best if I could have a person walking with me everywhere to point out and explain stuff when it involves another people ;) so of course I loved her from the start :) their interactions are adorable :) and let's not forget about Janie's inner monologues... about totally random facts... that are usually not inner but outer monologues... ;) and as a bonus... if you want to cuss less, who would decide to, instead of bad words, use the phrase "by the power of Thor"??? :)

I did my best to finish reading as fast as I could, so you would have something fun to read over the weekend :) I know, it's hard work, but someone has to do it, so you're welcome ;) I will leave you with just a few, almost randomly chosen quotes from Janie, but believe me, there are so much more in the book... so if you're in need of a better mood, give this one a try ;)

"I need to make certain that she knows that I know that he knows he isn't interested... I was starting to confuse myself."

Because she's tall, this is her response when someone says she's big "Yes. I ate all my vegetables as a child."

"Oh really? I can't wait to hear what my problem is. You've known me a total of three weeks and you've already diagnosed the problem. The suspense is killing me. Well, please enlighten me oh great identifier of problems."

XOXO

A

No comments:

Post a Comment