Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Review: "The friend zone" by Kristen Callihan

 

Author: Kristen Callihan 
Book 2 of series Game on 
Main characters: Gray and Ivy

This is the book that I waited for... maybe not for such a long time, because I read the first one couple of months ago, but it definitely felt longer than that... ;) because I loved the first one, and I was very curious about the sequel... will it be as good as the first one? Is the story gonna capture my attention from the very start like the previous one? Will I love those characters as much as I loved Drew and Anna? It is my greatest pleasure to give you answer to all those questions as a big, fat YES!!! :)

First of all, do not read it in public places... believe me... it's safer to read it at home ;) at home no one will jugde you for fanning yourself and blushing while reading this book... because it is that hot... ;) it's very sexy without being vulgar, and that just makes it even hotter ;) now that we have that warning said out loud, let me start :)

And I do have to start by saying, that it is a real pleasure to write a review of a book that I loved so much... and I think it shows ;) when you read my reviews I think you are able to tell, which books I really loved and which one made the biggest impression :) like this one :) I was really afraid, that because I loved the first one so much, that the sequel might not be as good... but fortunately, it was an amazing read ;)

The dynamics between characters are different than in the first story, but just as entertaining ;) but it's a good thing, since their story is also different... I think it's a great accomplishment to write diverse sets of characters and how they are coming together, but that still feels like a series... and Kristen Callihan has done it :) don't you just love it when everything comes together so perfectly? ;)

And now let me tell you something more about the book... at this point you should already know how much I loved it, so let me tell you something else... ;) the story starts with them texting each other, since Ivy is out of the country... that lasts for about a week, and then she comes home... and it all begins... I have to say that it's really adorable, how they both pretend that what it is between them is just friendship... ;) because everyone else seems to see it, besides them :) but it is very cute to watch... it gets even better when they finally admit that it's more ;) plus, it's endearing to see this more vulnerable side of Gray... his shyness about how smart he is... or the story of his tattoos... they are absolutely amazing together and I adore how they tackle (see what I did there...? A little football metaphor ;D ) what life brings them :) and an epilogue two years later, like in the first book, is an excellent idea, because it gives us a glimpse of their lives... a sense of even better closure if you read just this one book... but that won't be a problem... because you only gonna want more and more and more... I really do hope that Kristen Callihan has a lot of ideas, because this series has to go on and on... ;)

Last but definitely not least, the sisters... I had to write about them, because Ivy and her younger sister Fiona are just perfect... ;) they remind me of myself and my little sister :) this banter... and sarcastic comments and jokes... but all said with love and this incredible bond between them... :) I read a lot of books, believe me... but I don't think I ever found sisters, who had such an amazing connestion between them... sisters, who reminded me of my favourite little sis and me ;) and it was just an icing on this incredible cake... ;)

I wasn't going to put any quotes, because there are just so many of them... both funny and sexy, but when I read this one I almost fell off my chair... ;) so I just had to put it here... maybe I loved it so much, cause I'm such a huge G... fan, but here you go ;)

Gray and Ivy sort of starts to wrestle and this is part of their conversation:
Gray: "It's nothing to be ashamed of. You just don't have the reflexes necessary to compete."
Ivy: "I have the reflexes of a cat."
Gray: "If you mean Garfield, then yeah."

And then I started laughing so hard that I almost cried ;)

XOXO

A

No comments:

Post a Comment