Monday, March 9, 2015

Review: "Vision in silver" by Anne Bishop


Author: Anne Bishop
Book 3 of series The others
Main character: Meg Corbyn

First of all, I have to say, that I impatiently waited for this book for a year. This is one of my favorite book series of all time, so expectations were very high... :) And with great pleasure I can say that I was not disappointed at all :) fair warning, there will be spoilers from previous books, so if you haven't read them yet, go and do it right now, you can thank me later :)

In this installment of the series we get to know more what happened with the girls saved in the last book. We can see how the blood prophets are trying to survive in the world... there are also many more interactions between humans and Intuits with Others. Although I identified Meg as a main character of the book and the entire series, these are books with many threads inside of them, and it's very entertaining to read... to see how characters that we already know interact with each other, sometimes in combinations that are surprising :) we definitely get to know more about Humans First and Last movement and their plans. And we can see how much Meg really changed the situation and how important is she to survival of all humans... dun dun duuun.... ;) it's awesome, that is all I can say :)

Im not gonna write more about the world, because it's not the first book (eventually I think I'm gonna write review about it too ;D ) and I trust that whoever reads this, will know what's going on :) but I will never get tired of singing praise to Anne Bishop and her ability to build worlds. She's done it amazingly in the Black jewels series and again here. All of the connections between characters, all of the details of the worlds, it's just.... I have no words... ;) and it does not happen often :)

I have to admit, that there were moments when I was at the edge of my seat, reading between my fingers because I was afraid what's gonna happen next... and I mean it as a compliment... :) this book is a great addition to the series. Written in the same style as the previous ones, and continuing the plot threads. My only one selfish complaint is that I would love to have more scenes between Meg and Simon, but I do understand that when so much is happening, you can't write just about them... ;) especially that I wouldn't cut out anything, just added more :) but I'm just greedy that way :)

Now another waiting period starts, before the fourth installment is here... tantalizingly titled "Marked in flesh" :) but it's another year.... why, why did I read this one so fast...?!? I should have done it one chapter per day... somebody get me a tissue.... ;)

XOXO

A

No comments:

Post a Comment