Friday, February 20, 2015

Review: Bayou heat series by Alexandra Ivy and Laura Wright


Bayou heat series

First, let me explain why I decided to do a review of a whole series instead of one book at a time... Each book in this series contains two short stories. It would be hard to write a review about just one story, because it's a little bit to short for my taste :) before you can really dive into the characters, the story is over... :) but I'm getting a little bit ahead of myself... so, back to the main topic :) I believe that it's better to give you my opinion about this whole series (at least about the books that were published at the day that I wrote this, because there will be more), because after reading it, I feel like the books are just another chapters of a bigger story, and they can be treated as one :)

The whole series is about a tribe of Pantera, who live deep in the bayou. They are a myth to most of the people. In each story, we get to know more and more about their world, fractions inside of the tribe itself and connections between them. Each story is focused on one couple, but main players appears throughout all of the books. There is also one bigger arch in the first few books. It ends, I don't want to spoil you and say when exactly it happens, but very fluently we dive into another very interesting arch :) and there are gonna be more books, so I'm that more curious where this whole story is going... :)

I think, that a big plus to this series is even though it's written by two different authors, you don't see it in the stories. They go very well together, and when you read them, if you didn't see at the beginning of each story, that there are two authors, the idea of that, would never crossed your mind :) it's hard to achieve so bravo for the ladies :)

And although the stories are short, because let's not kid ourselves, ten chapters are rarely enough to tell a story, it's still actually good :) the characters are really likeable, and very quickly you find yourself rooting for them :) to be honest, I wished sometimes that some of the stories would be like two or three times longer, when I particularly liked the couple, but I was satisfied with how the story progressed. Some may say that there are moments when it feels like action is a bit more rushed, but all in all, it's not that big of a complaint.

So if you're looking for a fun read, and maybe you already are a fan of Alexandra Ivy or Laura Wright, you should definitely give it a try. And even though it might be your first taste of writing of those lovely ladies, it's still worth a try, especially if you're looking for a short, but still sweet and satisfying read :)

XOXO

A

No comments:

Post a Comment